Vibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gilbert121262

Car
w221 350L CDI Blutec
My W221 350cdi started a weird vibration a few weeks ago which is getting worse. From a cold start I back off my drive and all is well, as soon as I put it into D with foot on the brake there is a noticeable vibration felt in the car. When I drive off it feels a bit rough but nothing major. Once it warms up and shows 90c on the temp all seems a lot better but there it is definitely not as smooth as it should be and if you give some throttle you can feel the vibration. If I turn it off after a 10 min trip from cold and leave it 10 mins it feels a lot better. The vibration in D when at a stop, only happens in the first 10 mins of warming up. Had the gearbox serviced with new oil filters and Tranny mount and it changes gear better but vibration still there.

The Indy i use said he thinks it might be Torque converter, ouch,but after doing some online research, which is always bad I know, I thinking towards engine mounts. I have noticed it been worse the last week in this cold weather.

Car runs fine fine apart from this, on the M way it will sit at any speed and feels great.

Any ideas would be great.

Looking at this video does point to your engine mount(s) being faulty. I would have the gearbox mount checked too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Had the tranny mount changed when gearbox serviced, made no difference

my sprinter does this was told torque convertor is not releasing fully?

Just wanted to put closure on this. It was the engine mounts.

Hi,
Thanks for coming back and confirming it was the engine mounts. I hope that this one day might benefit another casual reader.
I hope that your cure will now let you enjoy driving your car once again. Happy Banana for you ...:banana:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom