Vibrations in steering and seat in a CLK 220CDI (2007 model)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedbird007

Car
Merc CLK 220CDi Sport
Dear All,

I drive a CLK 220CDI Sport (2007 model) and suffering vibrations in the steering and seat when i am driving at 70MPH and above...

Back two tyres have been changed and the front wheels have been checked/aligned.

Still suffering from vibrations...can anyone help and advise..

Dear All,

I drive a CLK 220CDI Sport (2007 model) and suffering vibrations in the steering and seat when i am driving at 70MPH and above...

Back two tyres have been changed and the front wheels have been checked/aligned.

Still suffering from vibrations...can anyone help and advise..

When you say front wheels checked, do you mean for being true and round?

Have the rears been checked for true and round also?

t_w_a_t

You're new here aren't you.

I can offer you no more help.

If I could help you, I'd tell you that any one of your wheels may not be properly round (perhaps due to a pothole etc.) and that this usually causes vibrations through the wheel and seat, that neither balancing or new tyres will fix.

Running it up on a wheel balancer whilst looking at the inner of the rim would show this up.

It's a common problem that us t_w_a_t_s know about ;).

It takes one to know one I guess John :D

Some people you just cannot help :dk:

I find I get a vibration from mine as well.

Happens at 70mph.

In fact, it happens all the time when I plug this funny shaped plastic thing in and twist it.

Any ideas?

" ********** " = " The wheels aren't true ". Is this what the OP means or is he just describing himself ?

If that is going to be your response when someone offers you good and timely advice then perhaps you should give consideration to using another forum?:thumb:

Steve you are too generous ! But I take your point and will leave the OP to reflect on the wisdom of abusing those from whom he is seeking help without teasing him further.

Out of round tyres also a possibility. It took 3 tyre shops - and a very experienced fitter to spot it.

I could see it when he guided me, otherwise I'd have been highly suspicious. New tyres did the trick.

Guys, be nicer to the OP. Johns reply is funny but quite sarcastic to me anyway in print, funny but could be taken the wrong way.

Not nice is it :D?

Get a grip Steve - I asked him if his wheels were properly round, for obvious reasons.

He's trolling all over tonight's pages with the same question and only joined today.

Last edited:
Do you not think the reply was maybe a bit too cheeky, funny but has really brought out the OP.

You could have said, are they been balanced

Same old idiots trying to be funny :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom