Victoria Plum into administration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HappytalkAgain

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C Class Estate. Vito Van 119 W447 XLWB
I’ve been a trade account holder at Victoria Plum for over 10 years and never had an issue with their products or service. Always 10/10.

Today I received a letter through the post informing me that the company has gone into administration. Coincidentally (or not?) I was due a £2.5k delivery (for 2 up and coming bathrooms) from them yesterday which did not show (never happened before) and phoned my accounts manager this morning:

“Sorry, this number does not exist”.

This means I’m now £2.5k out of pocket as I will have to reimburse deposits to my customers.

The odd thing is their website is still ‘Live’ and taking orders/payments.

I’m just posting this thread on the off chance that anyone here is due to make an order. Please do not. You will never see your order or payment.

I’ll obviously process a claim but I’m well aware that it’s unlikely I’ll see my money again. They’ll be much bigger fish than me in the queue. 😑

Ant.

I’ve been a trade account holder at Victoria Plum for over 10 years and never had an issue with their products or service. Always 10/10.

Today I received a letter through the post informing me that the company has gone into administration. Coincidentally (or not?) I was due a £2.5k delivery (for 2 up and coming bathrooms) from them yesterday which did not show (never happened before) and phoned my accounts manager this morning:

This means I’m now £2.5k out of pocket as I will have to reimburse deposits to my customers.

I’m just posting this thread on the off chance that anyone here is due to make an order. Please do not. You will never see your order or payment.

I’ll obviously process a claim but I’m well aware that it’s unlikely I’ll see my money again. They’ll be much bigger fish than me in the queue. 😑

Ant.
Any credit card protection buddy ?

Fear not Ant.If you don't get your money back, the MB Club 'boys' will pay them a visit and batter them with AMG facts,figures and trivia incessantly until they cough up the dosh.
They’d probably die of boredom before. 🥴

Thanks for posting. Very much appreciated.

We have such weak laws in this country, and probably the West in general. Taking cash off people today with a live site is total scum bag theft. All board members should do a 10 years fixed term stint in prison for allowing it.

Ant.
That’s shocking Ant. Let’s hope theres some way of you recovering at least some of your hard earned. 👍

Thanks for posting. Very much appreciated.

We have such weak laws in this country, and probably the West in general. Taking cash off people today with a live site is total scum bag theft. All board members should do a 10 years fixed term stint in prison for allowing it.

Once the company is in administration, the administrators become legally liable for any future financial liability resulting from the company trading beyond that point. For this reason, we've often done business with companies after they went into administration.

Once the company is in administration, the administrators become legally liable for any future financial liability resulting from the company trading beyond that point. For this reason, we've often done business with companies after they went into administration.
Apologies, yes. I based my comments on running a website to take cash, disconnecting the phone and not delivering anything. If that's not what's happening here and they are trading as normal, I of course concur that continuing to do business with VP could be an acceptable risk.

If the administrators are running a cash grabbing scam, then they should do the hard time.

To caveat and for transparency, I have no information other than set out in this thread. Therefore my assumptions about what might or might not have happened are not statements of fact and cannot be relied upon in Court. I'm not making any accusations of any particularly behaviour by any of the parties involved.

Apologies, yes. I based my comments on running a website to take cash, disconnecting the phone and not delivering anything. If that's not what's happening here and they are trading as normal, I of course concur that continuing to do business with VP could be an acceptable risk.

If the administrators are running a cash grabbing scam, then they should do the hard time.

To caveat and for transparency, I have no information other than set out in this thread. Therefore my assumptions about what might or might not have happened are not statements of fact and cannot be relied upon in Court. I'm not making any accusations of any particularly behaviour by any of the parties involved.
You could add ‘other plumbers are available’ to round that off but in all seriousness I sympathise with anybody in this situation.
I was in the electronics business in the recession of the early 90’s and I was forever driving around the country trying to retrieve my products, or payment, from customers administrators.
Some did pay out, or return goods, but it often took a very long time.

Ant.
Sorry to hear that Ant. I Donny suppose you paid for some or all of it using a credit card did you?

I had a delivery from them at the end of August.. used them many times, always were reliable , I think I had a lucky break..I received my £1,300 order.

Soory to hear, hope you can get something sorted.

We try and make a point of paying as many suppliers as possible with Credit Card, certainly the ones that will accept this form of payment. ;)
The likes of Toolstation, Screwfix we run an account up, get a statement at the end of the month and even then can pay by card, great way to earn points/miles.

Even some of the international suppliers we have we pay in advance using a card at time of order.

This bit makes me wonder..."preserves a household brand for the future". If you've just publicly shafted what is potentially a fair amount of customers (trade and public), how likely are people to want to do business with you again, even under new management?

Firms go into Administration all the time. It’s not bankruptcy. There’s a very good chance that you’ll get your money or your order.

Shareholders or banks: not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom