Video In Motion - A Fab Upgrade.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
On Friday local indie programmed my COMAND unit to allow the DVD player to work whilst the car is in motion.

I wasn't sure at first, however, I can report that on a 220 mile drive to Dumfries (to visit family for Easter) it's been a blessing.

I managed to watch all of my favourite horror "The Silence Of The Lambs" with Distronic set to 75mph, though it was a bit spooky as night fell, during the later stages of the journey.

My only gripe was that as a 211 the display is a bit low, meaning I arrived with a bit of a stiff neck from looking down.

For you 212 owners, and the higher screen I'd definitely recommend it :thumb:.

I can give you his number via PM (it's frowned on by some) if you're interested.

Love it!!!!!!

Sent from my Nokia 6310i on giffgaff using MBClub UK ;-)

...I managed to watch all of my favourite horror "The Silence Of The Lambs" with Distronic set to 75mph, though it was a bit spooky as night fell, during the later stages of the journey...

I know what you mean. I would probably have felt the same. Definitely not a movie to watch in the dark.

:D

Sorry I am sure self explanatory but did you mean passengers watched whilst you drove or you the driver watching?

Don't you mean a Stiff Brain :ban: :ban:

developer215 said:
On Friday local indie programmed my COMAND unit to allow the DVD player to work whilst the car is in motion.

I wasn't sure at first, however, I can report that on a 220 mile drive to Dumfries (to visit family for Easter) it's been a blessing.

I managed to watch all of my favourite horror "The Silence Of The Lambs" with Distronic set to 75mph, though it was a bit spooky as night fell, during the later stages of the journey.

My only gripe was that as a 211 the display is a bit low, meaning I arrived with a bit of a stiff neck from looking down.

For you 212 owners, and the higher screen I'd definitely recommend it :thumb:.

I can give you his number via PM (it's frowned on by some) if you're interested.

Tell me this is an April Fool? If it is then I confess you got me...

The reason it is disabled by default is its dangerous.... In an accident if that was on I think both you and the indie would be in trouble....

A complete no no in my book...

Sorry I am sure self explanatory but did you mean passengers watched whilst you drove or you the driver watching?

I am sure it was watched and enjoyed by the whole family.......another really scary film similar to Friday the 13th is Monday the 1st :D

Forgot the date. Hope it is April fool :thumb:

i managed to drive us all around the bend with no hands :bannana:

Gone%20Fishing.gif

... and a few were hooked :D

:D

I'm just about the most anti vid in motion, text/phone while driving person you could meet.

All good fun guys :thumb:.

The One Show April Fool joke was rubbish :rolleyes:.

I had an ampifier fitted in my 211 earlier this year, and whilst phoning around for prices, one company asked if I'd had the video in motion enabled, offering to do it for me. He got quite indignant when I said I wasn't interested, and when I said that my insurer wouldn't be impressed, he actually started to argue the toss by asking how they would know!

Amusing how many people took this seriously :bannana:

Funnily enough, my 211 DID play DVDs whilst moving. It kept my nieces amused for a two hour trip so I was quite thankful for that.

I did think that 220 miles might be the give away Pete.

I suppose it was Monday morning though.

I am puzzled by the entire Video-in-Motion debate.

The one and only time I played a movie DVD in my COMAND was on the day I had it fitted (by Alfie and Richard), three years ago. After I was satisfied it was actually working, I never had the need to do this again.

I suppose that in the pre-Acros/iPad/Android era it had some merit when fitted with rear screens to keep the younger members of the family occupied (though you wouldn't need the Video-in-Motion hack for the rear screens anyway), but the days when everyone in the family watched the same movie are sadly long gone.

Perhaps if you also had the TV Tuner option you might want to watch some footie, but then I never saw a TV Tuner that worked smoothly while the vehicle was moving.

So - Video in Motion? - no idea what it's good for or why anyone might want one... :confused:

I like listening to the bbc news on the tv when driving, yes it drops out a bit but I like it and in the BMW the rear tv tuner is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom