Video in motion suddenly stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnydude959

Car
Mercedes
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to both here and Mercedes. I got my CL63 AMG last month (2nd hand), and when I turned on the TV function, it would work even when driving.

That was until a few days ago - When it stopped working. I've tried everything like removing the phone cradle, ejecting all CDs, etc. anything which could trigger it to act funny - But its just showing an error message saying that "it could distract the driver when driving".

Admittedly, having a BMW with a DVD changer and TV tuner for the past couple of years, video in motion isn't something I would have gone out of my way to get enabled. However, this function was quite convenient for the passengers who ride with me in my car.

I don't know if this is a hardware video in motion or a software video in motion though. However, I can say that I have not taken the car to the dealer or left it parked for a long time or in freezing/hot temperatures or anything like that.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thanks
Sunny

I didn't think it was supposed to work like that...it should be blank to driver but maybe on for passenger if anything but Comand don't do vim for drivers afaik..

Nope, video in motion is disabled for obvious reasons. If you were in an accident and insurance found out it had been enabled it could be a bad outcome for you...wether you were watching it or not. My video or internet blanks out as soon as i move the car

However, this function was quite convenient for the passengers who ride with me in my car.

One sneaky peak and it could be me you'd run into.
I'd get it fixed, but back to how it should be.

TV in motion - bloody hell :devil:.

From memory if you look at Comand online you will see an FAQ where they tell you exactly why they will never enable this for anyone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom