Video: Lambo Aventador crash in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I was in the Lambo travelling along at roughly the speed limit I'd have had the foresight to at least hit the horn, that didn't happen - not enough time to even toot the horn, mmmm.

I am not sure that was his GF, I think she may have been known to one of the guys who came to the rescue, she was just along for the ride with the bloke in the Lambo.

I don't think he hit the bigger black thing on his left either, looks like there was a fair bit of room for him to move left a bit more, something you tend to get right when you are shooting a gap. My feeling is he has little foresight and not very good driving skills at all - even if the car did pull out on him. The big red bus may have hindered the view of the car that pulled out and he thought I'll just go and sit in the centre - accidents usually have a combination of contributing factors.

Last edited:
The Mazda driver obviously wasn't paying attention, it's not as if you couldn't hear the Lambo coming!

The Mazda driver is in the wrong but the Lambo driver should have seen & reacted quicker than he did, the Lambo surely doesn't lack stopping power. As per W4E300, I blame the blonde...she probably talks too much!

The Mazda driver obviously wasn't paying attention, it's not as if you couldn't hear the Lambo coming!

Exactly,the video on post 40 clearly shows how noisy they are even when travelling on low speed

The Mazda driver is in the wrong but the Lambo driver should have seen & reacted quicker than he did, the Lambo surely doesn't lack stopping power. As per W4E300, I blame the blonde...she probably talks too much!

Worth remembering that from start to finish it was 5 secs and between the mazda driving into the main road and lambo hitting it was a sec or less. And he did not forsee the mazda coming out. The lambo driver might be lacking driving experience in a crowded city but the mazda driver in my opinion is at fault. Very likely the combination of two bad drivers is the cause but following the driving code of UK is difficult to blame both parties..

Theo

Calculated performance figures for the Aventador.
wykres.php

0-20 mph (s):
0-30 mph (s):
0-40 mph (s):
0-50 mph (s):
0-60 mph (s):
0-70 mph (s):
0-80 mph (s):
0-90 mph (s):
0-100 mph (s):
0-110 mph (s):
0-120 mph (s):
0-130 mph (s):
0-140 mph (s):
0-150 mph (s):
0-160 mph (s):
0-180 mph (s):
0-200 mph (s):

I think the MAZDA driver was at fault but in mitigation I seriously doubt he was anticipating a guided missile coming down the street. I think the Lamborghini driver was perhaps naive for not driving appropriately / "defensively even" in a busy suburban area with many side streets. His car was left hand drive with perhaps limited visibility and a performance envelope most other motorists would not anticipate. :dk: The final result a nasty minor accident which fortunately resulted in no casualties.

Last edited:
Calculated performance figures for the Aventador.

0-20 mph (s):
0-30 mph (s):
0-40 mph (s):

So even if he wss doing the speef limit he might have appeared from nowhere in the eyes of the Mazda driver

John Jones Jr said:

This is my view too.

The allegation or assumption of speeding has no bearing on this, nor does how this individual may have previously driven. From the video, the Mazda driver appears to have pulled into the path of the Lambo. This would put the Mazda driver at fault. Similar principle to rear ending someone (even if they were to come town abrupt stop).

Luckily & thankfully nobody was seriously hurt. I do agree that the standard of driving of some of the people owning these cars and spending the holidays in London leaves a lot to be desired!

what a load of hypocrites!!

if the lambo was a one of us in a mercedes everyone would be slating the mazda driver.....and deservedly so.

measuring via google earth, watching HD videos, quoting performance figures just so you can stick the boot in.

green eyed monsters.

Ok take the Mazda driver perspective..........

Look left ...look right....look left....all clear.......wooh wtf.....!!!

Both were at fault but more on the speeding driver side.

maybe the Mazda mistook the Lambo for a wheelie bin.. i mean from the distance, they are both the same colour..

mat8n said:
hardly driving like i c0ck? he's going no more than 5mph, yea he blips the throttle for the folk with the cameras :dk:

You obviously don't see some of these fools on a daily basis doing laps around Harrods, tearing up and down Sloane Street and Brompton Place like I do then ;)

They could have all the fun in the world if they just drive out the city a few miles to Brands Hatch or Silverstone for a track day! Instead they confine themselves to the same 1 square mile.

if the lambo was a one of us in a mercedes everyone would be slating the mazda driver.....and deservedly so.

measuring via google earth, watching HD videos, quoting performance figures just so you can stick the boot in.

green eyed monsters.

Yeh yeh...read it again...I measured with Google to try to prove he wasn't driving too fast.

green eyed monsters.
Its called informed debate, If you don't like it then don't join in. If he'd been driving a merc the answers on this thread would be no different. If you think driving a merc automatically imbues superior driving abilities upon the driver or irrational loyalty from other owners of the marque then perhaps you should think again.

Last edited:

green eyed monsters.

It's not worth getting so worked up about. None of the opinions expressed on here count for anything because the matter will be settled by others with more information at their disposal.

But debate brings out the best and worst in people's knowledge (or lack of it) and attitudes, and is thus entertaining; that's part of the fun of forums.

Just makes me laugh.

Only a hand full of folk point out how bad the mazda is being driven, yet the majority in hell bent on blaming the lambo driver. Yes he may drive like a c0ck generally but this instance he is not totally to blame, the mazda driver is mainly to blame, obviously as the mazda is in the 1 square mile in London where the supercars drive he should have been aware.... As it's been pointed out we all know where they drive!
Yes it's called debating.

The video was filmed in 25 fps (or 1 frame every 40ms). If you take the first frame where Lambo appears and the 7 frames (280ms) later, Lambo boy has travelled the distance marked in the first picture which I would say is about 5m without me going to Sloane Street and measuring it. This gives 5m in 280ms or 17.86 m/s which equates to 40mph.

First Lambo appearance:
2z8c0sm.jpg

7 frames or 280ms later:
2w7mq07.jpg

I like the idea of calculating speed by frame rates and distance but 25fps is not one frame each 40ms, its one frame each 4ms isn't it?

I like the idea of calculating speed by frame rates and distance but 25fps is not one frame each 40ms, its one frame each 4ms isn't it?
No its 40ms. 40x25=1000ms=1sec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom