Video: Lambo Aventador crash in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Doh - why was I thinking 100ths. :eek:

Its called informed debate, If you don't like it then don't join in. If he'd been driving a merc the answers on this thread would be no different. If you think driving a merc automatically imbues superior driving abilities upon the driver or irrational loyalty from other owners of the marque then perhaps you should think again.

And that is definately borne out by some of the posts in this forum! :D

The video was filmed in 25 fps (or 1 frame every 40ms). If you take the first frame where Lambo appears and the 7 frames (280ms) later, Lambo boy has travelled the distance marked in the first picture which I would say is about 5m without me going to Sloane Street and measuring it. This gives 5m in 280ms or 17.86 m/s which equates to 40mph.

First Lambo appearance:
2z8c0sm.jpg

7 frames or 280ms later:
2w7mq07.jpg

Excellent Conquistador.

P.s if Lambo man had got on the brakes in the first frame above, good chance there would had been no collision or maybe just bumpers kissing?.

Last edited:
When was the last time you did a refresher on stopping distances?

You never stop from 40mph in 25ft even in a lambo.

Might do in dry conditions and with his ceramics, but stopping distances are surely irrelevant when most of the car's wheels are in the air :D

An air brake would probably be more sufficient in this case! Lol

Unless you hit something on the way.;)

At the end of the day no one was hurt it could have been worse thank god no one was Ealing across the road

The Lamborghini drive had insurance and so will every one else .im not surprised that this has not happened sooner one more reason for local people to use trying yo stop these guys flying around .

The thinking distance alone is 12m or roughly 36 foot at 40mph so more than twice the distance between the two shots.

Ceramic brakes wouldn't help any.

Hmm I hadn't considered the ramifications of that damnit! I'm sure they hate the French these days too though!

They started calling french fries freedom fries........

....but French fries are actually Belgian! :fail

I'm not the one that crashed...or own Lambo, so I've no real idea what the braking distances are when a car is spect'ed with 400x38m six-piston carbon ceramic brakes in the front, and 380x38mm carbon ceramic brakes in the rear, along with 255/35/R19 front & 335/30R20 rear tyres, never mind ABS, EBD, ASR, ESC etc. Plus, of course the Mazda is not stationary or travelling in reverse.

Maybe you can enlighten me taking the above info into account? :thumb:

Last edited:
Maybe you can enlighten me taking the above info into account? :thumb:

The thinking distance alone is twice the distance so it matters not if your braking distance is small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom