video or dvd into comand 2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qwerty247

hi,

anyone know how to connect a video signal into the comand 2.0??

any help or suggestions?
thanks

thanks for that, but was hoping for a cheaper solution:confused: anyone know how to make one of these things maybe?

Afraid not - the only other option is a Mercedes TV Tuner which gives you the AV inputs, but you're looking around £800 new (of course, there's always ebay ;) ). I want one for a PS2, but not at that price ...

Maybe if someone has one of these units, they could take it apart and see what the components are and we could reverse engineer it (probably just a box, a couple of pieces of string, some wire and the connectors :p ).

When i wanted to connect a dvd to my Clarion system i had to buy the tv tuner and go through that. Apparently you cant go straight to the screen which seems daft, so i thought the tuner must do something to enable the signal, but out of curiosity took the cover off the tuner and the av input goes straight through to the output socket !! but because its all special clarion plugs you had to buy it , I suppose if id known that i could have tapped a standard av plug onto the screen . Just a way of getting more cash off you no doubt.

I got the TV input option from Steve Krabbenborg for my command system, it was an extra 200 euro's on my order. It has 2 scart sockets, not sure if I can use them both yet as I've had an accident with my CLK and it's not with me at the moment.

Contact him for details.

I've just seen a Sony Mobile TV tuner kit, includes, Tuner, Aerial, remote and 2 extra AV inputs (composite) and a 5.6" display. I was wondering if I could use this and sell off the display.

Craig

you will probably find that with scart you will need rgb signals which will not be in composite connectors. that is what i am trying to do, to find a way of connecting video signal only.

cheapest i have seen is around £170 on ebay, the megacomm one is a well designed unit electrically speaking

they also do a adpater for a rear screen as well

cheers

kenny

Doesn't the scart standard accept all video formats. composite, svideo and RGB in both directions and L+R audio in both directions as well.

So the TV input should support composite on pin 19 or pin 20, cant remember which without looking it up. If it's just RGB then thats a bummer and of no use nor ornament to me.

composite to RGB converter anyone?

Craig

21 Ground/Shield
19 Composite Video Out
17 Composite Video Ground
15 red / Chroma
13 Red Ground
11 Green
9 Green ground
7 Blue
5 Blue ground
3 Audio out L & mono
1 Audio out R

20 Composite Video In / Luminance
18 Blanking Signal Ground
16 Blanking Signal
14 Data Ground
12 Data out
10 Clock out
8 Audio / RGB Switch 16:9
6 Audio In Left & Mono
4 Audio Ground
2 Audio In Right

Originally posted by Flyer

Maybe if someone has one of these units, they could take it apart and see what the components are and we could reverse engineer it (probably just a box, a couple of pieces of string, some wire and the connectors :p ).

I already tried that , megacomm are cute as they filled the box with black resin , same on the canbus adapter - another firm I tried didnt use resin but had removed the identifying numbers of the IC (integrated circuit/chip)

:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom