VIDEO: R8 V10 stripped after rat chewed the wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
I hope the insurance company footed the bill!

[YOUTUBE]7bFdZp3eefM[/YOUTUBE]

I hope the insurance company footed the bill!

[YOUTUBE]7bFdZp3eefM[/YOUTUBE]

Im sure the Audi service guys are well trained, but I wouldn't want that car back if it was mine. Made in Germany built in deler service bay ..... Ill pass thanks

I hope the insurance company footed the bill

Says "waiting for authority" in the blurb so it seems so.

No different to vandalism though I think (assuming the policy in place covers that in that example).

Took 40 hours at main dealer rates per hour (£125?).

Ouch.

That's something that I have to deal with all the time here in Texas.

It been getting a little better since the snakes moved in

14322703_10157535611320165_3741610358877105332_n.jpg

I wonder if there were any screws left over:D

Just as a small aside... I have placed rat poison around my garage and in the engine bay of both my cars, while laid up for the winter. I get the stuff that is golf ball shaped and sized and dog friendly. We live in the countryside and rats can be a very big problem. Having said this. Mercedes may well have got ahead of the game wth the 124 wiring loom which disintegrates all on it's own.

On the insurance point, I recently repaired a w204 C250cdi following a rat attack. They seem to like the furry bit that reinforces the rubber hoses. They chewed through the fuel hose from the filter to the high pressure pump, necessitating quite a strip to replace it, as well as superficial damage to multiple coolant hoses. The customers insurance covered all of it without a quibble. I was surprised by that part of it anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom