View received SMS on Audio 20 via bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dykwim

Could anyone tell me how to view a received SMS?
I have the Audio 20 system in my car linked to my Nokia 8800 using the bluetooth kit. When I receive a message I get a beep form the speakers and a message icon is displayed on the Audio 20 system. I cannot for the life of me work out how to actually view the SMS.
When I disconnect the phone, the SMS is not available to me on the handset. When I turn the engine off, the SMS indicator is not there when I switch back on, does that mean the SMS has been deleted?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Could anyone tell me how to view a received SMS?
I have the Audio 20 system in my car linked to my Nokia 8800 using the bluetooth kit. When I receive a message I get a beep form the speakers and a message icon is displayed on the Audio 20 system. I cannot for the life of me work out how to actually view the SMS.
When I disconnect the phone, the SMS is not available to me on the handset. When I turn the engine off, the SMS indicator is not there when I switch back on, does that mean the SMS has been deleted?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

AFAIK you can't view the actual message on Audio 20 - you have to read it on the phone. And I think you will find that it hasn't vanished it is just classed as 'read' due to the pre-wire acnowledging "new message" - it will still be on the phone

HTH

That's a shame if you can't read it. And it definitely does delete the message, it's not in any of the message folders when I look :(

Welcome to the forum;)

lol - get yourself a tom tom :D :D

Is there something in your phone settings? Even though my phone connects to the tom tom via bluetooth and the messages appear and can be read on the tom tom - they still stay in the phone too. But as Steve says - they are there then as read messages.

Yeah, I've got a tom tom and have used that for phone linking before and it works great. It seems very odd that the messages don't stayt on the phone with the MB bluetooth. Looks like it's a minor annoyance I'll just have to live with.

It's too much hassle getting the tom tom out for every journey. And if you leave it on dispolay it gets nicked, as I found out the one time I did just that. We had CCTV footage and everything but the police weren't interested, boo.

Yeah, I've got a tom tom and have used that for phone linking before and it works great. It seems very odd that the messages don't stayt on the phone with the MB bluetooth. Looks like it's a minor annoyance I'll just have to live with.

It's too much hassle getting the tom tom out for every journey. And if you leave it on dispolay it gets nicked, as I found out the one time I did just that. We had CCTV footage and everything but the police weren't interested, boo.

May be worth checking your phone settings that it is not set to "delete message on read"? Not sure if that IS a setting but worth doing.
Or get 1 12 year old to do it - they understand better!! :bannana:

No, there's no such setting. Also, messages received when I'm not in the car do not delete after I have read them. Very strange. I'll get someone from MB to look at it next time I call in.

This may be a "feature" of a SAP bluetooth module - with SAP, the module downloads your SIM info and pretends to be your phone for sending and receiving calls (and probably SMS messages). The data never actually goes through the phone which is why there is no sign of the message on your phone. With the older Hands-free bluetooth profiles the phone is still in-the-loop passing data so keeps a copy of all messages.

Try going to the main menu, select "messaging" .... There should be "options" on left hand button. If you select this, there should be an option to Read Sim Messages (you may need to clear if if full). You should be able to find your message in here, although I have yet to work out how to get it to consistently transfer the message. (i.e. sometimes it doesn't work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom