Viewing a C250CDI tomorrow, anything to look out for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonski

Car
C250 CDI Coupé AMG Sport Plus
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy my first Mercedes tomorrow :D

Looking a 2012 C-Class Coupe AMG Sport Plus Model with close to 60k on the clock.

Looks to have full MBSH, but I'm wondering if there are any common faults or wear items I should check?

Any help much appreciated and I'm looking forward to posting here more often!

Thanks

If it drives and changes gear well and the bodywork and upholstery is in good condition, I'm not sure what else you can physically check without removing wheels etc.
I would try and get written proof of the service history as there is no service book, especially if not buying from an MB dealer. Service records are stored electronically but a printout should be available.

Great, thanks.

Are any parts of the bodywork more prone to rust/damage than others?
This will be my first diesel and I'm nervous about DPF issues, any warning signs to look out for?

Make sure it's an everyday long run car not just a runabout, regarding the DPF issues :thumb:

As it's done 20k per year, there may be an assumption it's been doing reasonably long journeys. For peace of mind I would get the dpf checked for level of contamination.

Some W204 owners complained about creaking / rattling interior, you might want to listen for that.

Also in general broken springs are a common issue these days.

Great, thanks.

Are any parts of the bodywork more prone to rust/damage than others?
This will be my first diesel and I'm nervous about DPF issues, any warning signs to look out for?

Best thing is to have the car connected to MB STAR and look for any fault codes.

Jonesy161 said:
As it's done 20k per year, there may be an assumption it's been doing reasonably long journeys. For peace of mind I would get the dpf checked for level of contamination.

That and also how you plan to use a diesel car etc

Its probably on its third set of tyers maybe fourth, have a good look at them and the alloys. Its done 60000 MLS. It should have either just been serviced or just about due one so do check and get a print out of history. The fact its done those miles in three /four years isn't bad , diesels need to be used, bus stop motoring wears things out sooner. The 250 four pot is IMO , and I've owned three , very good.Good luck with your purchase, and enjoy it.

If it has the black and mirror finish sport plus alloys check them as I had to have 2 replaced under warranty when car was less than 2 years old due to corrosion. Other than that mine was pretty reliable. Only had a couple of minor faults over 55000 miles and 3 years.

How can this be done as a matter of interest please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom