Viewing at the weekend...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
Hey peeps

Going back to view a C63 again this weekend, I very briefly had a look at it on Sunday not knowing the garage would be open. Had it 'saved' on my autotrader for a while then noticed it was only less than a mile away from the missus' house, so I popped up to have a gander at it, unprepared.

Been looking for ages so I know most of what to look out for by now, so I guess it's just the basic things that I may have not thought to ask them or look for when I go back?

Car is a 10' plate. Standard, no performance pack, no reverse cam. Has a sunroof, HK sound, 35,000 miles on the clock (I didn't get inside the car to check this though)

MOT history has had advisories on the near side front discs for the past three years, after feeling them myself at the front they do need doing. Current MOT runs out on the 7th July. Could I use this to barter with on the price? Or do you think they'd honour it in with a new MOT?

Anything else current owners think I should look out for which I might overlook? Check aircon and heated seats work, electric seats etc, check the gears through C S & M, check the paddle shifts, it's basically the same as my car so I should know what to check options wise but not sure how much more they have than mine

I asked when I was there for the engine number, IIRC the head bolt issue was solved after number ending 60658? The sales then guy showed me the number on the windscreen... Obviously not the right one, lol

This particular dealer doesn't have the best feedback, it has another C63 same year and colour, 2k more expensive with a PP pack that doesn't match its description, far from 'excellent condition' - however the one I'm interested in did look mint from the outside, and interior looked in great condition from what I could see so I still have some faith

I'm not sure how to find which service is due next and when, I may send the plate to Northampton Mb to have them check for me as it's advertised with dealer history. I don't mind paying for a HPI check they're only what, £15 or something but even with those they aren't to be relied on

There's a good 100 odd cars packed into the forecourt so it would take them some effort to get it out for a test drive, I did say I'd be back on Saturday maybe I should call ahead for them to make arrangements to have it took out the front

Any things which I may have forgotten to look for? Any tips would be much appreciated :)

I can link the advert if people wish to see it

Pays your money take yer chances.
Old car, no warranty, as you say, could need to start spending on it real soon.
I,d rather spend another couple of grand and get a specced one with components on with good life spans. MINIMUM you want off this guy is a full MOT, a good test drive, and a good look round the car. Esp tyres and brakes. Good luck.

Depends on the purchase price and what you as an individual can afford but for me something like this would have to come from a main dealer with warranty. So I wouldn't but that's just my view

All I will say is you're coming across sceptical of the dealer and the car, this is something that should be a pleasure and you should be excited and like a kid at Christmas. I'd walkway as there's plenty out there if you're willing to wait the right one will come up. Took me 6 months but I landed a 14 plate with 5700 miles on the clock from a main dealer, 2 year warranty and the serviced it before I picked it up

Buy the right c63 and you'll love it. Happy hunting

Bought all my cars from private sellers - just make sure they've been well looked after (service history, parts, tyres etc) and the cars in good condition any known issues have been addressed and go for it :thumb:

Good luck Ash. If anyone deserves a C63 its you. :thumb:

Ant.

Make sure you have a test drive with regards to condition of brakes and pads.
Also make sure you listen to it from cold start.

Head bolt issue is another main concern, whether it is within the range of engine numbers or not.

Exterior can always be sorted with a good correction detail.

Depend on what your price range is, there are loads on autotrader. Just do a bit of travelling.
But the engine bits, suspensions and brakes are the main issues which may cost a bomb later.

Good luck with your find.

Thanks guys, this is/was the car in question~

http://www.prestigeautolounge.co.uk...7g-tronic-4dr/coventry/west-midlands/17305993

Excellent point about spending the extra at mercedes, I had forgot about searching their network and actually did a search after reading the thread again. I have found two on the approved used website. Both have less miles on the clock, and are both a similar price to what this other place has theirs listed. Good shout!

Although, the reason I stopped searching with MB is that whenever I rang up to enquire about a car I'd get "sorry, it sold last month" why keep the advert up then :eek:

Thanks again peeps!

I'd want to be in a facelift for £26k Ash and you should be able to find one pretty easy if you're purchasing private and even if you do need finance then trade shouldn't be too much more.

SPX said:
I'd want to be in a facelift for £26k Ash and you should be able to find one pretty easy if you're purchasing private and even if you do need finance then trade shouldn't be too much more.

Struggling to find a white facelift for less than £29k mate :( Would love one for £26k. This is in searches with both trade and private ticked

Surprise surprise the one I found at MB in my search when I wrote my last post, has actually been sold :doh:

The other one I think is still for sale although it's on an 09 plate, but has the carbon pack. Both looked really nice as well, even my preferred interior

Looking for a 10 plate really. Mileage less than 40k if possible- trying to stick to a budget of £27k or I will kick myself as I'm house hunting at the moment so the car will be financed. I know/thought Oracle allowed private buys, but when I emailed them I was told it would need to be from a dealer/garage :dk:

I sold a car privately a couple of years ago and after putting the buyer in touch with Oracle he used them to finance the car. They send me emails all the time and the last one clearly states they provide finance for private sales, strange they've told you they don't.

Little Lofty said:
I sold a car privately a couple of years ago and after putting the buyer in touch with Oracle he used them to finance the car. They send me emails all the time and the last one clearly states they provide finance for private sales, strange they've told you they don't.

Yeah I thought they did as I would of went ahead at the time, the guy rang me and said (like read out from a script) requirements would be a dealer with signage, X amount of cars on forecourt and registered with a licensing body of some sort. This was back in April.

Have you put up a wanted advert on here?

Honestly, I would wait for a facelift; far nicer interior and it won't have the bolt issues so in the long run it will probably work out cheaper.

SPX said:
Have you put up a wanted advert on here? Honestly, I would wait for a facelift; far nicer interior and it won't have the bolt issues so in the long run it will probably work out cheaper.

I did originally want a facelift, but StuartK's comments ringing in my head about the pre-facelift looking more aggressive and I actually agreed in the end :D

Love my car currently, would just like more oomph! If the search continues into late summer I'll definitely be looking for a facelift. Spoilt for choice on any other colour

Believe me I think about fosters car daily, lol. It ticks all the boxes. I even searched his sale as earlier to have another look. Just the miles stopping me pull the trigger, beautiful car though

Although higher than you hoped for, it's below the magic 59,999 miles threshold for an MB Tier 1 warranty. From 60,000 miles the price doubles.

Now I know they're not the same cars.....but I bought my E55K nearly two years ago at 108,000 miles from a forum member. It was a well looked after car and still is. I would value that over the mileage, provenance is everything with an AMG. Just my opinion but spend your money wisely.

Mate you can have mine for 26k , 2012 12 plate facelift , diamond white , 53k on the clock with a full Mercedes history and only 1 previous owner , you won't find better for the money
Pm me if your interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom