Viewing at the weekend...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got to agree with Lee. Facelift interior is much much nicer. Pre-facelift look sooooo dated.

Be patient Ash. Will be worth it.

Ant.

As some of the guys have already said, I would go for a face lifted car if you can. Better gearbox, no head bolt issues etc, I know the facelift car has a few issues of it's own, but in my opinion it is a better machine as a whole. Nicer lights front and rear too :D

The engine number will be on the V5 (the salesman should have known that).

I'd go for a few cheeky offers on ones outside your budget by anything up to £5K.

You might get a bite, or talk yourself into upping the budget for the right one using that well known "man maths" technique :D

They aren't exactly flying off the shelf, these big gas guzzlers.

I've got to agree with Lee. Facelift interior is much much nicer. Pre-facelift look sooooo dated.

Be patient Ash. Will be worth it.

Ant.

It can't be that bad or do you change your wives & houses in 3 year cycles too? :D

It can't be that bad or do you change your wives & houses in 3 year cycles too? :D

Just mentioned this to Mrs Ant and she said go ahead (with a creepy smile on her face!!! :eek:)

Ant.

Hey peeps

Going back to view a C63 again this weekend, I very briefly had a look at it on Sunday not knowing the garage would be open. Had it 'saved' on my autotrader for a while then noticed it was only less than a mile away from the missus' house, so I popped up to have a gander at it, unprepared.

Been looking for ages so I know most of what to look out for by now, so I guess it's just the basic things that I may have not thought to ask them or look for when I go back?

Car is a 10' plate. Standard, no performance pack, no reverse cam. Has a sunroof, HK sound, 35,000 miles on the clock (I didn't get inside the car to check this though)

MOT history has had advisories on the near side front discs for the past three years, after feeling them myself at the front they do need doing. Current MOT runs out on the 7th July. Could I use this to barter with on the price? Or do you think they'd honour it in with a new MOT?

Anything else current owners think I should look out for which I might overlook? Check aircon and heated seats work, electric seats etc, check the gears through C S & M, check the paddle shifts, it's basically the same as my car so I should know what to check options wise but not sure how much more they have than mine

I asked when I was there for the engine number, IIRC the head bolt issue was solved after number ending 60658? The sales then guy showed me the number on the windscreen... Obviously not the right one, lol

This particular dealer doesn't have the best feedback, it has another C63 same year and colour, 2k more expensive with a PP pack that doesn't match its description, far from 'excellent condition' - however the one I'm interested in did look mint from the outside, and interior looked in great condition from what I could see so I still have some faith

I'm not sure how to find which service is due next and when, I may send the plate to Northampton Mb to have them check for me as it's advertised with dealer history. I don't mind paying for a HPI check they're only what, £15 or something but even with those they aren't to be relied on

There's a good 100 odd cars packed into the forecourt so it would take them some effort to get it out for a test drive, I did say I'd be back on Saturday maybe I should call ahead for them to make arrangements to have it took out the front

Any things which I may have forgotten to look for? Any tips would be much appreciated :)

I can link the advert if people wish to see it

Go for it mate ,only need a engine and brakes everything else in a 63 isn't needed !lol

developer said:
The engine number will be on the V5 (the salesman should have known that). I'd go for a few cheeky offers on ones outside your budget by anything up to £5K. You might get a bite, or talk yourself into upping the budget for the right one using that well known "man maths" technique :D They aren't exactly flying off the shelf, these big gas guzzlers.

Adding 5k and we are talking facelift E63 territory, I've seen some nice ones!

Gonna give that member a pm about his facelift :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom