Views on aftermarket Aero-wipers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dokalj

MB Enthusiast
Hi all,

I need to change the wipers on my 163 ML. I am thinking of aero-wipers, although some of them around the fittings look wrong. Can I change the whole arm to the new style or not? i.e will it be very hard? I did put aero wipers on my old vehicle and the wipers sat lower down and you couldn't see them as they were tucked behind the bonnet, unlike the ML.

I could just replace like for like, however I did notice a difference with the aero ones.

Views are welcome.

Has anyone upgraded there ones on the 163?

Thanks

dokalj

i found they didnt work for me on the 163 we had (I'm presuming you mean the flat-style type). They had a converter on the ends to use the existing arms which then pushed the arms up off the screen and they were so visible they got right on my ****, took them back off in the end, sure they were bosch ones

i found they didnt work for me on the 163 we had (I'm presuming you mean the flat-style type). They had a converter on the ends to use the existing arms which then pushed the arms up off the screen and they were so visible they got right on my ****, took them back off in the end, sure they were bosch ones

ahhhh, so you are suggesting I stay clear of them? Im surprised they were sitting higher.

Last edited:
Costco have Goodyear aero wipers for about £12 per pair and they do the W163 fitment.

I've pondered many times but always plumped for the original MB ones from the parts counter.

I had them on 2 W124's and a picasso and they are fine. very good. I got mine from ebay.

however i have got a bosch one from halfords at the moment as i had to replace the wiper urgently once on holiday (it broke off) but i'll be going back to aero once thats shot.

Different car, but I got some off a well recommended eBay seller for daughter's Mitsubishi Colt and they didn't work very well.

The drivers side wiper is 26" long on her car and the arm pressure is immense - it seemed to collapse the wiper blade edge and this caused the wiper to "thunk" noisily as changed direction and it didn't clear the screen very well.

I got some of the more ordinary Bosch Super Plus wipers and they're fine.

From experience I would say always go the proper Bosch aeros, probably the best wipers on the market.

I did try some of the retro fit blades from these guys Windscreen Wiper Blades - Bosch, Valeo, Trico, Trupart, Champion Windscreen Wipers and I should've paid the premium for the Bosch ones. They were soft rubber which couldn't cope with the arm's spring so ended up with smears right in the line of sight, they also couldn't cope with contintental travel at over 75-80 they lifted and the wipe pattern was very poor.

Ok, so the bosch ones in the link I have posted looks okay? So should I take the plung and buy or get the same as the ones currently on the vehicle from MB? Do MB provide aero-wipers for the 163?

Completely hit & miss, the more you spend the better quality.

Im on my 2nd set I got from my local car parts place and avoided getting cheap ones from eBay. It cost £12 and is great quality + doesnt suffer from getting stuck over the tab.

By far the best wiper I have had :D

I got mine from wiperblades.co.uk - they work perfectly well and fitted easily and were cheaper than equivalent ones from Bosch

Interesting - those are the ones I bought and on two different cars neither worked well and one set was binned after less than a months use.

Interesting - those are the ones I bought and on two different cars neither worked well and one set was binned after less than a months use.

What really the bosch ones? :( Can u suggest any? Also what do people think to the idea of changing the rear wiper to the updated plastic one?

MERCEDES ML.SERIES. UPGRADE REAR WIPER ARM AND BLADE on eBay (end time 18-Apr-10 04:05:51 BST)

The current one spouts out water from where the wiper is bolted to the car....I can't see this in the picture.

Views welcome

No, not the Bosch ones. I was referring to HR17s mention of wiperblades.co.uk - while they stock the Bosch ones they also do some cheaper versions - it's the cheap ones I'd steer you away from, the Bosch are now back on the car :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom