Views on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5s?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 2’s will be old stock, so be careful if you buy these. They stopped making them in 2016 but some tyre companies are still selling them as “new”.

Thanks J.

I've decided to run with the rears as actually they have a shade under 4mm grip and that may well last another 12 > 18 months for me these days. They are in good shape as well.

I can get all four tyres for a good price but it's a waste to launch the rears now.

I will bear that in mind!

Ive replaced previous tyres in Jan '20 and bought a set of GY EF1 Ass 5.
On the rear I have the 265/35/18 and after 10 months there is about 3.5mm left on them! Its crazy. I know the car is heavy but i have done 4k miles since then, about 50-50 motorway and city. Surely its not a normal wear.
After inspection i can see its pretty even, i had the wheels aligned after changing tyres too.

On another forum someone mentioned they loose air very quickly and thats my experience too. You need to check it pretty much every week but at the same time even if the psi drops you wouldnt expect the wear to plummet suddenly, would you?

Ive replaced previous tyres in Jan '20 and bought a set of GY EF1 Ass 5.
On the rear I have the 265/35/18 and after 10 months there is about 3.5mm left on them! Its crazy. I know the car is heavy but i have done 4k miles since then, about 50-50 motorway and city. Surely its not a normal wear.
After inspection i can see its pretty even, i had the wheels aligned after changing tyres too.

On another forum someone mentioned they loose air very quickly and thats my experience too. You need to check it pretty much every week but at the same time even if the psi drops you wouldnt expect the wear to plummet suddenly, would you?
I have exactly the same size tyres on my E320CDi and they have lost 0.5mm in 2000 miles and have had no problems with pressure loss.

I have exactly the same size tyres on my E320CDi and they have lost 0.5mm in 2000 miles and have had no problems with pressure loss.
I also have good things to say about these Goodyear’s.
My fronts have done over 47k and still have 4.0mm left. 😀

No pressure loss issues with me either.

Have Assy 5's on my C63 I really do rate the grip & the wear rate, no issue with pressure loss either.

I have GY Assy5's on my Audi, got them about 2 months ago and had no issues with pressure loss.

Michelin always my first choice. Had F1 asyms on a previous car (BMW) and they were okay but nothing to write home about

Always had Conti's before but went for Eagle's last time, well pleased they seem to be quieter than the Conti's and I haven't fallen off the road yet.

Also have 17" AS5's on my E320 cdi and don't have pressure loss. They barely lose pressure at all. I think for the price they perform well, significantly cheaper than the Michelins which would be my first choice if it wasn't for the price.

Until I had an AMG I always used those - for years and years ... Audi, Mercedes or random South Korean cars I have driven (Ssangjong) - always used them ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom