VIn check what do these mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
Hi ALL

I did a VIN check on my 2012 S204 to list all its options etc which was quite interesting.
But a couple I am not sure what they are.

Any idea what this option is?
1U2​
SNOW GRID​

and this one?
A24​
JOINT FLANGE, 4-ARM 120​

And I am also unsure what this actually means?
03A​
OIL OFFSET AMOUNT +300 ML OIL​

So if anybody can shed any light on these options it would be most useful and interesting to know.

Thanks

1U2 Snow Grid is a baffle in front of the air intake on the bonnet slam panel to help prevent snow blowing into the intake

ah thanks thats one off the list, not sure ont he A24?

Also wondering if he 03A oil offset is the allowed tolerance on the max oil quantity allowed in sump or maybe something to do with oil level sensor?

Anything relating to stiffer rear springs ? Taxi spec. ? Usually E class though ? The language on these sheets can be a bit suspect sometimes, mine has something like 'through load feature' Which I believe to be (on other marques) fold down rear armrest with door into the boot area.

My car is an estate with 60/40 split folding seats , so who knows ? .

265 'omission of line logo' 🤷‍♂️

A24 - the 4 arm version of this? The propshaft coupling?

mercedes-benz-90e-foto-bild-51660096.jpg

cheers petrol Pete, yeah I found the through load option on another line. Dont "think" the car was taxi spec but who knows

whitenemisis...ooh maybe it is a arm version of that .. not sure if thats good or bad but sounds good :) cheers

mine has something like 'through load feature' Which I believe to be (on other marques) fold down rear armrest with door into the boot area.

My car is an estate with 60/40 split folding seats , so who knows ? .
I thought that the 40% drop down was the through load feature, I believe useful for skis to be mentioned here or there.

Mine has that but no through feature within the armrest.

I've seen some offsets of 1000ml, that's an awful lot of extra oil!
Could these offsets be to compensate for different cooling system layouts

I thought that the 40% drop down was the through load feature, I believe useful for skis to be mentioned here or there.

Mine has that but no through feature within the armrest.
Possibly , on older cars without 60/40 split rear seats (saloons) I remember the door behind the armrest being referred to as a 'ski hatch' . It's just that I think it odd that MB should use this terminology on an estate version which clearly has 60/40 split and full load capacity with the rear squab lifted vertically.

Then again it took me a while to realise '283B AIRBAGLABLEENGLISH' meant 'airbag label in English' :p

Reactions: m80
mm interesting. I honestly do wonder what the oil offset means, it could well be for the run in period..? Car doesn't use any oil between changes and its currently on 104K miles so its well run in LOL.

It's a C55 AMG . The badging is standard on the range W/S203 there were no options simply one AMG badge on the boot along with C55 . AMG is cast into the wheels and once in the instrument cluster and front seat backs . All bespoke to this model so not really 'de badgeable' other than pulling the ones off the back.

Unlike newer 'AMG's' that seem to have more badges than a good boy scout , even the Diesel ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom