Vin decoder not working for my Sl60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biturbo

Car
S600 BiTurbo, SL60 AMG, Landcrapper Disco, Merc sprinter, E320 D6.
Hi,

I am trying to check out the SL60 factory spec here, the suspension seems awfully good, i mean i was expecting it to be hard.
Also the exhaust doesnt have any amg logos on it.
When i try the vin decoders it doesnt work. Works fine for the s600.

WDB1290672F149127

Is it because its an old amg cant search it?

Anyone out there can get any details for me i'd be grateful.
Biturbo.

Here you go

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this.

looking at the list doesnt say whether i have the amg exhaust.
Also 957 AMG sport Package Exterior, what is this?
From the list i can't see whether i have the amg suspension or the amg exhaust.
It is listed there i have the styling package which i can see but its unclear what the 957 is, is this the amg suspension exhaust sports setup etc.

I see there is an option for AMG muffler which i dont have.

Anyone shed any light.

The SL60 certainly came with a rear box that looked just like the normal SL500 one, as standard. May well have been the same part. I believe the AMG one with twin chromed tailpipes was an 'accessory' part rather than a factory option.

On the SL60 there was an option code 783 for "AMG Sports Suspension", which I was told was an adjustable setup. Never personally heard of a car with it. ADS was the other suspension option ... think there's one UK SL60 that's been seen with that.

ok makes sense.
So the sl60 is then basically upgraded engine and styling kit thats it.

all the exhaust is standard sl500 as too is the suspension.

Seen on ebay.de orginal suspenion and exhaust for the sl60 amg might get thoses added.

Pretty sure the standard SL60 did have different suspension to the SL500 (springs & dampers). I was talking about options (which would be listed on the datacard).

I'm not 100% sure about the exhaust, I do know that the stock SL60 back box looks nothing special (just like the SL500's, with two downward pointing steel pipes). It could be a different part no.

thanks bill makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom