VIN does not work on MB site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomJones2

Car
E220 CDI ESTATE AVANTGARDE (59 Plate)
Hi , Could someone help here, signed up on the MB site and log onto "My Mercedes" , if I put in the VIN number it is not recognised , it is a 59 plate E220 Estate Avantgarde. VIN no WDB2112082B400309.

I have only had the car for a couple of months but pretty sure of its pedigree, VIN number on the car has not been doctored, the same VIN is on the Log book. I have records of the serviced done by MB.

Is it common for MB not to recognise ? or is something wrong ?

thanks in advance

The vin looks fine to me

Sales designation: E 220 CDI
Order number: 0 8 537 49081
Delivery date: 12 09 2008
Paint code 1: 775U BRIGHT SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT PAINT
Equipment: 821A AMARETTA/LEATHER/NAPPA/SEMI-ANILINE - BLACK/ANTH.
Engine no.: 646821 30 314649
Transmission: 722640 07 581671

I had trouble with my VIN for a couple of days and then all of a sudden it worked. It's a very slow site...

markmifsud

Thanks very much for the quick reply, is the delivery date , delivered to the dock UK as its registered as first sold 30/09/09 , must have been a slow year for sales

Delivery date is the date the car left the production line.

Its a "grey area" for the consumer. Cars are always described by their registration date rather than their date of manufacture. This can be a bit naughty if there was a model change, recall or modification in the intervening period. The prospect of your pride and joy languishing in some compound near the docks for months is not one to dwell on. :(

markmifsud

Thanks very much for the quick reply, is the delivery date , delivered to the dock UK as its registered as first sold 30/09/09 , must have been a slow year for sales

Late 2008 was. New car sales hit the floor and it took manufacturers 3-6 months to adjust ordering and manufacturing levels, so as a result there was a lot of surplus stock from most manufacturers in 2009 and early 2010.

And as witnessed by members here (on another thread), a car can be registered 'new' in the UK even four years after it left production line.... I am referring to the 2006 ML that was sold with 10 plates.

So yes, Registration Date can mean very little - always check the MB Data Card and VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom