VIN from Reg number needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Morning

I have tried both the parts 24/7 website and a few other parts sites using the reg of a car to get the VIN to then get the full spec / options list

However, have failed as the VIN's no longer are visible (in the source of the site)

Can anyone help with how I get the VIN (and then the spec list) of an MB from the reg number

Many thanks

Sadly for enthusiasts, this functionally seems to have been withdrawn from most if not all websites... including the MB and BMW extended warranty sites.

I am assuming it was used by criminals, hence the change.

It would be good to find a way to get the VIN from the VRM again, but at current it seems that you need to work for a car dealership (or for the DVLA) to be able to get this info...

Try the blue print parts website i used it yesterday and it worked for me. You will have to register though.

I can also try for you

Excellent, I'd been looking for another of those since they all seemed to stop. Maybe because its an Irish they haven't followed the others? Different regs or somesuch.

Excellent, I'd been looking for another of those since they all seemed to stop. Maybe because its an Irish they haven't followed the others? Different regs or somesuch.

dont jinx it lol

Won't work for my 5 digit reg,keeps saying it's too short.

Target site seems to be down now, just loads a blank page.

Hi All,

I'll try to post this a few places, I have written an API tool that allows me to extract the VIN from the UKDVLA database. You just pop in the reg and I can interrogate the database to pull pretty much anything, from tyres to history and even value at auction. The recent GDPR Data Protection Laws have made all the existing systems out there obsolete, and I can meet the requirements a number of ways.

But, here's the catch, I need to pay each time I interrogate the database, but its pretty cheap, it works out about £0.25 (25p) for a full data pull.

I have also written the script which then pings the BMW database API and I can pull the full spec on the BMW in question, I have a BMW so naturally this is where I have put in the effort. This is particularly useful where you see a BMW you are interested in and the owner doesn't know what their car has made at the factory. Again, very comprehensive. I think I can do it for Ford and Seat too without too much hassle. I'll look at other manufacturers if there is an interest?

So here's the question, by way of a reply to this message, would anyone be willing to help me cover the costs for the hosting and API? I am happy to do all the programming myself for nothing, but I don't get excited about paying for something others will use on my dime.

Ideas/suggestions welcome? We can make this as simple or complex as we like, for now I can get a full factory spec on a BMW by popping in the reg number. Pretty neat.

^ What about Mercedes?

Strangely, not many on here are interested in digging up BMW datacards.

Hi All,

I'll try to post this a few places, I have written an API tool that allows me to extract the VIN from the UKDVLA database. You just pop in the reg and I can interrogate the database to pull pretty much anything, from tyres to history and even value at auction. The recent GDPR Data Protection Laws have made all the existing systems out there obsolete, and I can meet the requirements a number of ways.

But, here's the catch, I need to pay each time I interrogate the database, but its pretty cheap, it works out about £0.25 (25p) for a full data pull.

I have also written the script which then pings the BMW database API and I can pull the full spec on the BMW in question, I have a BMW so naturally this is where I have put in the effort. This is particularly useful where you see a BMW you are interested in and the owner doesn't know what their car has made at the factory. Again, very comprehensive. I think I can do it for Ford and Seat too without too much hassle. I'll look at other manufacturers if there is an interest?

So here's the question, by way of a reply to this message, would anyone be willing to help me cover the costs for the hosting and API? I am happy to do all the programming myself for nothing, but I don't get excited about paying for something others will use on my dime.

Ideas/suggestions welcome? We can make this as simple or complex as we like, for now I can get a full factory spec on a BMW by popping in the reg number. Pretty neat.
Is it just the Reg number you can search on or can you search by Make/Model to give you the VIN?

Ha yes, don't shoot the messenger I did explain why I have done it for BMW, but its not a big leap to do it for others. If nobody is interested I am happy to just lump it. :)
Not to be an @rse, but here you go...took me about 15 seconds. I used a reg number from a random Merc I found.
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 12.10.42.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 12.14.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 12.14.40.png

^ What about Mercedes?

Strangely, not many on here are interested in digging up BMW datacards.

I just did a screen grab of a Mercedes I found randomly, my guess is I need something 'personal' about the car to connect it with the data. Something like a search by variant (my guess) is will be WAY too dense. I figure just the REG is basic enough? Suggestions.

Is it just the Reg number you can search on or can you search by Make/Model to give you the VIN?

Sorry I wasn't dissing your efforts. It just you hadn't mentioned the brand this forum represents:D

Seems to work fine although the Russian decode site can be bettered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom