VIN not recognized on any decoder websites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbranch

Car
Mercedes E220D W213
Hi,

I'm trying to get a datacard for my W213 so I can look at getting carply activated. Every VIN decoder I try doesn't recognize my VIN number. I'm sure I've used one in the past and it's worked fine. I've checked my VIN and I'm 100% sure I'm not typing it wrong.

Does anyone know any reliable VIN decoder websites I can try or is anyone able to get a build list for me if I send my VIN?

Cheers

Build date January 2019, these are not any more included in the EPC copies that can be found everywhere. Have to print it from Parts Information.

I used normal vin code checker and comes back X So i went to 2 part sites and again its said vin is not valid .
Did you get those numbers right as you wrote them down .

VIN is fine, as said, the car is just too new for EPC. See attached.
That's great. That data sheet suggests that I should have Apple Carplay - have I read that right?

I bought the car pre-reg and the dealer told me it couldn't be added.

That's great. That data sheet suggests that I should have Apple Carplay - have I read that right?

I bought the car pre-reg and the dealer told me it couldn't be added.

Carplay and Android auto. Have a look at your manual and try it.

Dealer statements are difficult as they are not always wrong. :)

Carplay and Android auto. Have a look at your manual and try it.

Dealer statements are difficult as they are not always wrong. :)

Neither option is present when I try. I get mirror link (which doesn't work) but that's all.

Could it be as simple as enabling carplay in the engineering menu then? I'll have to have a look when I get it back from the garage. My courtesy car has carplay and it's really good so would love to get it finally working in mine.

Neither option is present when I try. I get mirror link (which doesn't work) but that's all.

Could it be as simple as enabling carplay in the engineering menu then? I'll have to have a look when I get it back from the garage. My courtesy car has carplay and it's really good so would love to get it finally working in mine.
Vin numbers show up in online parts catalogue pretty much as soon as the car hits the production line.

This one is showing as having Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

That means you simply plug in the iPhone and CarPlay should start. Haemorroid auto is different. You need the app on your phone and then you need to enable it in the telephone menu.

Wasn't the Android Auto app only for some old Android releases, now included/integrated to the OS. Better to check although in this case should not matter if only carplay is of interest.

Vin numbers show up in online parts catalogue pretty much as soon as the car hits the production line.

This one is showing as having Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

That means you simply plug in the iPhone and CarPlay should start. Haemorroid auto is different. You need the app on your phone and then you need to enable it in the telephone menu.
Carplay has never auto started and there's no option for it in the Audio 20 menu (I think it's usually under the MB apps section?) I did drop you guys an email through your website today too to ask what options were available to get it enabled.

Cheers

Bit of an update on this. I spoke to the dealer this morning and they claim the car was never specced with apple carplay or android auto. They've sent me the original order form and smartphone integration is included but not carplay.

If I get into the engineer menu on the car, I have an option to adjust carplay volume but no option to enable carplay.

It looks like I'm back to square one

Come see us in Lightwater (sorry its a long way) and we'll sort it out properly for you
Cheers
Richard

Bit of an update on this. I spoke to the dealer this morning and they claim the car was never specced with apple carplay or android auto. They've sent me the original order form and smartphone integration is included but not carplay.

If I get into the engineer menu on the car, I have an option to adjust carplay volume but no option to enable carplay.

It looks like I'm back to square one

How do they define "specced"? I cannot see any stronger definition than the data card.

Certainly worth visiting Lightwater guys. I assume they have access to VeDoc and could check if the carplay and android auto options have been added after production but for some reason car not updated?

Dealer (sales dept) will not be looking at VeDOK but at Oasis (I believe Oasis is the system they order new cars from in UK and it shows original prices etc). But what that doesn't show is individual option codes. As I don't really every see Oasis, my expectation is you get "mirror package" and that adds various codes (one for mirror package (P49) , one for dimming mirrors (249) , one for folding mirrors (500)) which end up in VeDOK. But you can have just dimming mirror without folding mirrors, and that may be available separately in other markets.

Im sorry to hijack this but I've bought a 2020 e200d and i'm facing the issue as OP. None of the VIN decoder sites I've gone to could recognise my VIN. I was wondering if someone could assist me in doing a VIN check? I'm looking to get carplay activated as well. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom