Vin Number from Registration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hwb

Car
Mg
Hello. Is it possible for someone to get me a Vin number from the Registration plate. As I’m trying to buy an old Mercedes but the car has no Log book or Mot so wanted to make sure the Vin matches when I go to see the car Thank you

not possible. There were some sites a few years ago. But they all disappeared.
if there is no log book how can the seller prove it’s his and how does it get transferred to you?

Will the seller not reveal the VIN?

If there is no log book, what are you going to match the VIN against?

Tell the seller to apply for a replacement V5?

Hi and welcome . The car does have a log book , it's just that you do not have a copy of it . It exists in the system and the current owner can apply for a replacement one.

Hello. Is it possible for someone to get me a Vin number from the Registration plate. As I’m trying to buy an old Mercedes but the car has no Log book or Mot so wanted to make sure the Vin matches when I go to see the car Thank you
I can get these but its via a subscription and transaction fee based system we use. The fee is waived for long standing members with contributions over a period of time.

If I were you I would insist on seeing the V5 before parting with any money. As the seller doesnt have the V5, I would want to know why and also see evidence of ownership.

At any rate, in order to transfer ownership (or keeper, rather), you'll need the V5C, or at least the reference number from the V5C. So without the logbook, the car can't become yours.

I'm sure you can get vehicle data for a fiver or less. If the car is important, just pay the fee. Unfortunately too many people joined, got a VIN number and were never to be seen again. On top of that, the free sites stopped working due to GDPR

If there is no log book, what are you going to match the VIN against?

Tell the seller to apply for a replacement V5?
When I go to see the vehicle

£1.99 here if it's any good to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom