VIN number issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

im57

Car
W204 C63
Hi,

My standard facelift (2014) C63 has a VIN beginning WDD204377...

When an independent workshop near me puts that in his system it says it's "C63 AMG Black Series Coupe, C63 AMG Coupe".

So he's getting confused about which parts are needed for the rear diffuser because he thinks I have a C63 Black Series.

Am I right that the black series and in fact all Coupes are W204.377 models and therefore the VIN code range applies to black series and regular C63s (which to be fair IMHO is what the description above says).
So, how does one identify a black series from the build sheet if it's not from the VIN number range? Presumably it's an option code.

To save him some headache does anyone have the correct part number for a facelift C63 rear diffuser which is obviously drastically different from a black series one?

Thanks,

Ian

As the tool says, it is either a C63 AMG Black Series Coupe or a C63 AMG Coupe. Diagnostics is the same for both models.

For parts your workshop should use the complete VIN for Parts Info, you'll get the correct parts then.

The 204.377 is listed as C63 AMG but the '377' shows it's a coupe. Looking at the parts, there is two part numbers for 'rear bumper, bottom trim', one is for carbon trim and the other is standard. Both are showing for code 'P98' which is 'Black Series'. Part number is A2048853938

s-l1600.jpg

The 204.377 is listed as C63 AMG but the '377' shows it's a coupe. Looking at the parts, there is two part numbers for 'rear bumper, bottom trim', one is for carbon trim and the other is standard. Both are showing for code 'P98' which is 'Black Series'. Part number is A2048853938

s-l1600.jpg
Thanks - that is definitely the part I want and you have the same part number that I've found elsewhere. Unfortunately the black and white exploded parts drawings don't show quite the right shape which is further confusing my man. The black series part is completely different though as it goes right around the tail pipes and has a centre panel.

ian

You must be referring to parts A2048853938 and A2048858538. The first one comes with code -P98 the latter one with code +P98. Meaning the latter one is for black series, the first one not!

You must be referring to parts A2048853938 and A2048858538. The first one comes with code -P98 the latter one with code +P98. Meaning the latter one is for black series, the first one not!
I missed the '-' and so you are indeed correct. Off to Specsavers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom