Vintage Lister crashes with a 300SLS at Goodwood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
CApyp2jWAAARFCj.jpg

nzsy088viggjjjcpwkbz.jpg

dji57zq9v7dvgc7rsjtt.jpg

Noone hurt

Couple of million £££ of cars in that crash!

Ouch.......a surprising amount of filler on the Lister already, another few kilo needed now!

Rear ended by a Mercedes SLS. I wonder if the Lister was running a whiplash claim scam?

insert obligatory T-Cut comment here?

What a shame - those guys have some balls to drive such cars in anger eh.

What a shame - those guys have some balls to drive such cars in anger eh.

Yes, it is a joy to see. The original photo makes it look dramatic, but it did look quite low speed.

Particularly dangerous as the petrol tank/s situated behind those colander like panels

Last edited:
Ouch ! It could have ended much worse with that petrol *issing out at the same height as the Benz's engine.

What's the white line for that goes underneath the Lister....

What's the white line for that goes underneath the Lister....

Do you mean the silver trim on the SLS (which looks white) or the painted white line on the road which looks like the lane to the pits... or something else?

Last edited:
The white line on the track in the first photo under the Lister....

Thought it was the entrance to the pits but not certain...

Last edited:
Are there any details on the cause/s of this....?

If he is pitting and assuming he's no fool, why does it look like he was on the wrong side of the pit lane entrance I wonder...

Appears to delineate a slip lane for the pits?? From the first picture the Lister does not appear to have been fully in the lane and may have braked and turned in at the last minute and thus taken the following driver by surprise?
BBiyNqo.img

Last edited:
He's on the right side of the pits entrance (I've been through that entrance myself many times).

The MB is clearly under very heavy braking. It shouldn't be there at that speed as you enter the straight from that corner and the circuit is a good three car lengths width at that point. I know, as I span my BMW 2002 360 degrees within the width of the lane. It looks as though the Lister's rear has been pushed right out, so the angle of the car may now bear no resemblance to its original line. No sign of the Lister braking either.

My money is on the SLS running wide round that corner.

Last edited:
Makes for a good case of leaving the tyre chicane in at the start of the straight.

I miss Goodwood and my C63...

What do the regs say {if anything??} about cars entering the delineated pit lane after exiting that corner if
1. they intend to continue the lap
2. there is a car present entering the pits

or is it as I suspect a "grey area"

here's a bit of video on the Salvadori Cup to give a flavour of the real thing. Don't get too excited the first" start" is for the warm up lap.;)

[YOUTUBE HD]uhWvc6xKnFA#t=232[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom