Vintage Steam Raly and Classic Cars 4th and 5 th August 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
If you would like a good day out visit this venue . More than 5 fields of vintage cars lorries tractors army vehicles .Hundeds of motorbikes . And giant car boot sale - and car parts Just put Traction Time in google search, look down to 4th and 5 th August 2018 Location Bite Farm Trimply Worcestershire DY12 1NU off A442Kidderminster to Bridgenorth Road .. Might see you there .

Take yer wallet Trev, you never know that "Hidden Treasure" may be there..

Years ago on my 200 I needed both Idle Stabilization Valve and the Power Relay that goes with it.. The Relay alone was £300 notes and the valve a further £150. So I'm down at the Malvern Show Ground for a VW Festival. We're walking around looking at this and that when the missus shouts me.. "Is This what your looking for??" Holding up a valve.. better still it was brand new and had the power relay to boot.. "How Much I ask??" "A Tenner.." I rapidly search my pockets for a tenner (usually I carry my notes separately in a money clip) ...S**t where is it ... Oh No!.. left it back at the car... the missus put them back down we told the guy we'd be right back.. ran like buggery back to the car.. Got It!! Ran all the way back.. and WAIT!! Where is it?? The guy had sold it to someone else that had overheard our conversation.. Bar Stewards... His response was " I wasn't sure you were coming back.. " Yeah, As If...

Lesson Learned - TAKE MONIES, MAKE SURE YOU HAS IT WITH YOU..Grr..

Enjoy the show, great venue..

What a shame, a bit more notice and I may have been up for this but have something else on now

W56 that was bad luck . My visit will be Sunday, jobs on my car come first .Bumper is off replaced all the fixings holding the mud flaps on .And a small spider on the bottom of the both rear wings just above the rear bumper.Was not visible till bumper was removed .So any W124 owners take the bumper off check what it hides before its to late.this is an easy job only 10 nuts. Sjmax well may be next time ,yes.

Well again i missed this venue ,.. I have the bumper off and need paint work. I could do it, but made mind up to get it done right.The paint match i have is not spot on .And for ever and a day i would look right at it after i painted it. The other car is full of everything from my boot, ie carpet, tool box, trolly jack, box of cleaning items -polish dusters . Bumper is side on in the garage .And to top it all my cousin came after he had been to the car show at Trimpely .So no way could i go after .Under the bumper was as new but waxed it after for extra protection outside .DSC04565.JPG DSC04576.JPG DSC04576.JPG DSC04568.JPG

Angie and I went yesterday afternoon - it was bl***y hot!

There were a few nice classic cars and a handful of interesting bikes, but I only saw one steamer. Perhaps they all cleared off early? Overall, I thought it was a bit of a let-down.

Had a pleasant drive back with the SLK's top down via Evesham and Moreton-in-Marsh though.

You went on the last leg .Most had been there from Friday .And the vintage steam would be halfway home by then at 5 miles and hour .I have never been let down with the show before .This is one i never had time to get to.Saturday is the best day to go . The car stalls are searched over with fine tooth combe befor Saturday lunch time . Sorry you were let down .But time is the key .factor .

Zircon blue is a very had colour to match Trevor - I feel your pain. I had a car in that colour many years ago and it ended up a patchwork quilt of zircons as different painters tried to match..

P.S I know about rustproofing - my Jeep is taking an age as I try to de rust it ......and find more :(

Sorry you were let down.
No apology needed - it was an excuse for a pleasant drive and some of the classic cars were well worth seeing. Just a shame I missed out on the steam :(

WU66 The colour is Diamond Blue 355 code . I sent an old wing along for them to get paint mix ,..Dont think it was used to match the paint. Zircon is a Rover 2000 or 3500 v8 paint i know i had the v8 in a blue but noit Zircon blue .. Mine too was like a patchwork quilt Zircon . I will see if i can find a picture of the Rover .

Dave , Did i tell you about the sparaying of all the 4 wings one at a time in the back bedroom .In a new detached house .No wonder i call my wife the war depot . She had something to contend with, when she took me on .Do that picture later on along with a few other cars i had .

Dave the cars is due in the paint shop in September . The paint is to light . Looks to me like the larger metal flake thats put in the mix is the problem instead of the fine flake . DSC04544.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom