Vintage Voltage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartAmg

MB Club Veteran
Car
2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
Sorry forgot to mention it earlier, new series on Quest tonight at 9.00pm called Vintage Voltage,
about electrifying classic cars, might be interesting.

Well worth a watch, they did a Karmann Ghia tonight. :)

A good programme, I'm looking forward to the rest.

I thought the cost of the conversion was a bit eye watering though😳

As for sending all the way to China to make the bellhousing adaptor:dk:

Hi,
I have been watching this series for the past few months.
I have seen them convert a Land Rover, Photon electric bike, Porsche 914, Ferrari 308, BMW 1602, MG Midget, Lancia Fulvia, VW Karmann Ghia and a Chesil Speedster.
I think most of the car conversions cost in the 30,000 to 50,000 range - which does seem a bit steep but does obviously update and extend the life of these vehicles.
I love watching the show for the areas they test the cars - as I lived in Newtown for 12 years and worked on the same industrial estate (Mochdre Industrial Estate) as where the company are located!
Cheers
Steve

The guy last night said his budget was £25k and it ended up costing £30k! I thought the motorised numberplate covering the charge point was a bit silly ... chances are that will stop working. Why not just put it where the filler cap was?

They are doing my mates 914 , Tesla powered..

Seriously?
He bought it cheap as an unfinished EV conversion from the States

Hi,
I have been watching this series for the past few months.
I have seen them convert a Land Rover, Photon electric bike, Porsche 914, Ferrari 308, BMW 1602, MG Midget, Lancia Fulvia, VW Karmann Ghia and a Chesil Speedster.
I think most of the car conversions cost in the 30,000 to 50,000 range - which does seem a bit steep but does obviously update and extend the life of these vehicles.
I love watching the show for the areas they test the cars - as I lived in Newtown for 12 years and worked on the same industrial estate (Mochdre Industrial Estate) as where the company are located!
Cheers
Steve
Just watched this. I spotted some of those cars in the garage.

The Chesil Speedster conversion can't be far off a rerun of the Karmann Ghia.

Not surprising if they get the CNC work done in China!

That bit surprises me.
I'd have thought for the premium service they are offering they would use a uk company for the many obvious advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom