Vinyl paint

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by takeaflight, Jan 17, 2017.

1. takeaflight

takeaflight New Member

Car:
    Vito traveliner, ml, 107 sl
    I have a r107 with a tan interior, the drivers side door card as a small in the vinyl , probably a lady caught the door with a heal of shoe. Looked at replacing the card, complete around an eye watering £350, went to an upholster mate, a vinyl match not to expensive, but the checked cloth that's part of the trim is around £95 a meter. So you start to see why a new card is around £350.

Decided to have a go at a repair, which I haven't started yet, but I have found a fantastic paint place in Birmingham kolorbond.co.uk, took a speaker grill to them and they matched it exactly, not only that you can have it in a tin for spraying or they Supply in aerosols, which I had.

So far I have resprayed the handbrake cover, it's brilliant.

I am nothing to do with the company.

1 person likes this.
  2. RaceDiagnostics

RaceDiagnostics Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    450SL XK8
  3. Gary129

Gary129 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes R129
    That`s nice to know, Thanks

4. OP
    OP
    takeaflight

takeaflight New Member

Car:
    Vito traveliner, ml, 107 sl
    Sorry for the late update, the paint supplied in a spray can is perfect, used their vynal clean, then their own brand vynal prep, warm the paint slightly before use and hey presto. I resprated both door cards, handbrake cover and touched up some other spots. Can highly reccomend.

Tags: