Vinyl repair / fog lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomSawyer

Car
W204
Hi Guys I just want to find out if there is any methods to repair vinyl car seat? Also I noticed that my normal not LED fog lights gets really hot. Is it because of cheap/bad quality bulb or something else? Thank you very much in advance for any answers.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Normal suggestion of repair is taking it a local re-trimers and have the panel replaced. Can't help with your fog lights, what has made you notice how much heat is being dissipated from them? Can't remember the last time mine were ever used and never checked how hot they got :dk:

I noticed steam coming from fog lights on a rainy day when I was smoking outside my running car and it was red hot after I touched them. So I am not really sure how hot they supposed to be. Regarding vinyl repair I am looking into some cheap repair method I don't want professional repair but I don't want to put some black tape on top too..

Hi... Re the seat.

You say you don't want a professional repair. I am assuming you mean you are presently keen to avoid unwanted cost of paying for a professional repair.

The only way to avoid paying professional labour costs is to do it yourself if you are happy to do so.You could buy a matching salvage seat & swap/fit, occasionally matching lower seat panels are available. I know Mercedes sold some artico only base covers separately.

If you don't want to spend money on the right parts either then it's a case of leaving it, duct tape or a cheap seat cover. Glue wont hold and wrong type could react with the seat cover or foam. Marker pen on the exposed foam will make it look a bit better short term.....the splits will only worsen in use. None of these options will look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom