Vinyl / Tinted Headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OwlCLC

Car
Mercedes CLC 220
I have just been looking to have my head lights and spot lights tinted but the man from the company says they have stopped doing them because he has had reports of the wraps melting in the heat and ruining the headlight.

Has anyone had this experience or has anyone had a positive result from it and can recommend a good product to use. The man at the garage mentioned something about a honeycomb wrap and it was that what was no good.

He's stopped doing it all together !

Why would you do such a thing as to tint your headlights? :dk: :fail

Here's an idea, replace the bulbs with a 35 watt alternative and you'll have the same effect.

Tinted Headlights and Fog Lights. Surely not!

Just turn them off at night...a cheaper option.

Surely you must have seen what I'm on about.. they're still bright but smoked out abit. Iv seen them on a friends new M3. I was looking for the stealthy 'all black' look. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions I guess.

It'll look awful. Honestly.

Surely you must have seen what I'm on about.. they're still bright but smoked out abit. Iv seen them on a friends new M3. I was looking for the stealthy 'all black' look. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions I guess.

Tastes and opinions maybe, but the fact is that they cut light output. This is bad.

Headlights aren't so bad for other people, provided you drive in a way to compensate for your reduced ability to see. Tinted rear lights, where the brake lights are dim, really grind my gears. I'm sure they'd affect any insurance claim, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom