Vinyl wrapping kitchen units

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decent vinyl wrap, made for kitchens, applied properly will adhere well and resist moisture, humidity and water. It's okay with modest impact but as kitchens are highly traffic'd, they can suffer tearing, but even on worktops are 'okay' if chopping boards etc are used

As a major kitchen retailer, the majority of problems and complaints we receive are down to lack of prep and cleaning the surface. The existing cabinets are very greasy and glues hate grease so lift, slide and bubbles are not correctly squeezed. Proper cleaning will make it a success (or failure)

Contoured doors must be tricky though (never done it myself)
Can you recommend a brand of vinyl wrap please?

I found the most time-consuming part of my repaint was de-greasing the cabinet doors. It took me many hours to properly de-grease all 22 doors, first with hot, soapy water, then sugar soap and finally meths after a light rub-down with fine sand paper. It's one of those jobs where good preparation is the key to success. One of my friends let me use his low pressure spray gun and I rigged the garage up as a spray booth. Using Farrow & Ball undercoat and two coats of their eggshell top coat (water based), I was very impressed with the results and it continues to look good 3 years on. Total cost about £120 and a few beers.

SWMBO wanted a new kitchen , I said I was thinking just new doors , she said “Think Again ” So New Kitchen, Granite worktops , New Rangemaster induction Hob, double oven, New kitchen lighting and sockets .
All new pans for the induction hob . New Dishwasher, New built in fridge freezer. New Cooker Fan Hood .

So I kept the Car , telling myself I really didn’t need The SL I had my eye on 😭

Can you recommend a brand of vinyl wrap please?
Have a look at the (currently) limited range that B&Q have as that's what I have my experience on (though haven't used it myself).

It is the prep as Dickie Fix above lays out which is more important than the vinyl used , albeit it should vinyl designed for kitchen use rather than any other type.

Screwfix forums may have some discussion on this as that's a pretty active community.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom