Violent 2nd to 3rd gear change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luke737

Car
E63 S
Hi guys

I've got a 2015 E63S for the first time the other night I had a full car, all the temps were normally but driving spirited in S+ the gear change from 2nd to 3rd was really violent and not smooth at all, it was even kicking in traction control at the gear change. All other gear changes were quick and smooth just 2nd to 3rd,I'm going to see if it does it with just myself in the car to see if the full car load had an effect.

Hi Luke,

I seem to recall you having it mapped recently? This could cause the effect you describe as the box will have to do a bit of re-adapting, though from reading elsewhere it tends to be a trait of upping the horsepower.

I have also read that it "may" be able to be mapped out, though I've not seen any conclusive evidence of this. I do know that you're not alone with the symptoms you describe, it seems to be a common characteristic.

You could always go for a full "bullet - proof" box from Weistec, you get the bang on every shift with that one. :D :D :D

Ask me how I know...

Had it mapped around April time just never noticed it to be that violent, was testing it out earlier seems to be smoother in manual mode but my reactions aren't quite good enough to get a "perfect" shift and end up hitting the limiter :doh: I'll keep an eye on it I remember asking acid about the tcu and he said has to get sent away for about a week and costs £1,000-£1,500 I think!

I suppose gives the car character haha,I'm interested to see how harsh your weistec boxs is will have to get it TV next year!

Last edited:
Mine does the same once I upped the power

I find it smoother with traction control full off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom