violent crime victim? Speeding Ticket? On yer bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
This beggars belief: victims of violent crime to have their compensation slashed if they have minor offences, including a speeding ticket, in the past 5 years.

Up to now, payments could be reduced where 'the applicant's character as shown by his criminal convictions makes it inappropriate that a full award or any award should be made' but this did not apply to minor offences such as speeding or other traffic violations. No more.

5m motorists to have crime victim compensation slashed | Mail Online

Last edited:
Disgusting. Its the governments idea of cutting spending is it, why can't they cut tax credits and benefits if they are struggling. Hell, they could even cut some jobs and get rid of some jobsworths. But no that would be too sensible.

Do bear in mind it means unspent convictions (i.e. earnt in the last 5 years) but nonetheless this is appalling.

I just don't understand the thinking behind this? Are we so desperate to save money? If so then cut civil servants pensions.....make them more in line with those in the private sector....Oh I forgot that means MPs with their snouts in the trough would go without.

It is in the DM- I would definitely take this with a pinch of salt. The CICA are hardly going to reduce an award on the basis of 3 points.

Anything in The DM is complete trash: it will not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom