Virgin Superhub 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ras8963

Car
CLS 350 CDI / C220 CDI
Hi anyone using a virgin router done the "upgrade" from superhub to superhub 2?

To me it doesnt seem as good and we are getting quite a bit of drop out.....be interested to hear if anybody has something similar with success or problems?
Cheers

ATB

Just dumped VM after 6 years.

Too expensive and oversubscribed in my area avg 62 drop outs per day even after new cables and SH2 installed.

Bye Bye VM

Yes and they are not good wirelessy. Atheros Wireless cards are good damn awful and keep dropping and requiring a reboot. I have many computers in my house and devices connected to my hubs. Over 20. for the Win 7 with Atheros card I reverted to a powerline adapter and cable it was that bad. I run a Netgear router plugged into the Superhub and use that for wireless. If you have continual dropouts on one machine try changing the wireless card drivers from teh manufacturers website or get a wireless n micro adapter from 7 day shop and try a different wireless card. They are but a few quid.

I've done this and it has been a much better experience. The old hub started to struggle once next door got the new Sky hub.

We did have an issue with the service keep dropping but it was an issue at the 'Mains box' out in the street rather than the hub. The service guy never touched any of the equipment in the house.

We are on the 100mb package and on a wired connection we get at least that all day, every day. Still getting c85mb on wireless on the other side of the house.

Where we live there is no fibre option other than Virgin, though, keep having Sky ring me to go onto theirs (we have Sky TV) and tell me they can guarantee 8mb!! I'm too used to being able to download an album in about 8 seconds now!!

Are your drop outs over a wireless or wired connection?

Have you done any diagnostics to see whether your the channel settings on your new router clashes with your neighbours?

Thanks for all the responses guys...much food for thought.

Spike,
It was wireless drop outs.....that said, since this morning several of us online it has been good today.....fingers crossed.

The only connection I dont seem to be able make is reconnecting "Bubo" which I use for CCTV monitoring....seems it doesnt like the IP......may have to get security chap back to have a look.
Thanks again

ATB

I had big drops when upgrading from router to superhub.Changing channel settings improved it - but there are still drops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom