virus ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

television

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
R230 SL500
Something hit me hard yesterday at 3pm. Message came up, XXX trying to access something or other in the Mc fee box, the computer froze and I had to power down and up, when running again the computer did not recognise the USB modem and I had no dial up. So I had to re configure the modem. I have the name of the hacker and Mc fee have asked me to send details, so far so good today

Sounds more firewall than virus, presumably you are sending McAfee the IP address of the potential intruder. Perhaps you should check if your system is stealthed if you are connected directly to the outside world.

Try the Shields Up! link on this page to learn more about port stealthing and how it helps you hide from opportunistic hacking.

Thank you, I have book marked the page and will read it tonight, computers are not my best point. :)

I had a security breach a year or so back before I switched to Webroot antivirus and spyware. It got past Norton. At the time, the only way I could make my PC work was to switch from IE to Firefox - which I still use. It appears Firefox is inherently safer than IE anyway, so why more dont use it is a mystery to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom