Viseeo mb-4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Guys

I recently swapped the Mercedes HFP unit with the Viseeo unit due to a known problem with echo on calls on my year of car.

Question now is, this unit doesn't seem to trigger reading of text messages with my phone.
Phone is a Nokia Lumia, and speech is switch on when using blue-tooth on the phone.
Basically no phone settings have been changed since swapping with the HFP unit.
Call echo has gone though :)
The Viseeo unit isn't brand new, so perhaps an update is required?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Guys

I recently swapped the Mercedes HFP unit with the Viseeo unit due to a known problem with echo on calls on my year of car.

Question now is, this unit doesn't seem to trigger reading of text messages with my phone.
Phone is a Nokia Lumia, and speech is switch on when using blue-tooth on the phone.
Basically no phone settings have been changed since swapping with the HFP unit.
Call echo has gone though :)
The Viseeo unit isn't brand new, so perhaps an update is required?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

AFAIK the Viseeo doesn't support text messages.

Shaun - what model of car and year do you have? Also, how well did it work with your Lumia? Contacts/SMS/music? I may return my Viseeo and get an hfp...

Car is a CLK55 - 2004.
Works great with contacts etc, haven't tried music

The MB4 doesn't support any music at all nor does the HFP.

The MB3 does support music but it uses FM retransmission to get the audio into the head unit.

HFP with my Lumia phone supported SMS.
SMS reading is an option on the phone when connected via bluetooth.
Wonder why the viseeo unit doesn't?

Ewww FM. OK, I have an MB4 on its way to me.

HFP has the advantage then of supporting SMS? Is the echo issue known on 09 S classes?

Not from what I understand from Command Europe(Alfie)

Ok, if that's the case about the echo... Shaun, do you still have the hfp unit? Would you be willing to sell it? I can't message you so here's my email: [email protected]

Sorry Chris, its been sold already

Ah ok. Thanks anyway. Can you link me to the correct model? Want to make sure I get the right thing

HFP echo issue is only present on the 2004 and earlier cars (D2B). So a 2009 car is fine.

Hfp doesn't allow device charging, does it?

Well, you already know the answer to this now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom