ViseeO MBU-3000 & Int. LED Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
So I purchased the ViseeO MBU-3000 quite a while a go now and to be honest have only used it in anger the past two weeks where it has failed rather miserably.

The manual suggested using Software B on my 6310i kit which whilst it worked all I could do is reject calls via COMAND/steering wheel - I had to accept the calls on the phone which isn't great.

So I changed it over to Software A which seems to work far better - COMAND/steering controls work etc. However, there are two areas on my way home from the office where the signal drops out on the phone and if I am on a call at this point the call drops but the ViseeO/COMAND still thinks the call is connected. I can press the hangup button to return to the main screen but as soon as another call comes in only the handset rings and I also need to take the call through the handset. Just to add, the phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-5830i.

For £150 I expected better as quite frankly this is useless as a handsfree. :(

Any help to get it working correctly would be much appreciated.

On a different note, I purchased a set of CANBUS error-free LED lights for the interior of the car. I fitted them to the interior lights on the headlining and when opening the door they work as they should however, once the doors are closed and the motor is running they are still illumintated albeit only ~30% although it is distracting.

I have just put the halogen bulbs back in but thought I'd ask if you could shed any light (pardon the pun) on this issue also.

Thank you in advance. :thumb:

Anyone able to help before I contact ViseeO regarding the issues above? Just thought I'd post this up incase I've missed something daft.

Got told that the LEDs might be because the lighting circuit is still sending a small voltage through the lights even when off hence they are lit dimly?

Thanks in advance.

Re: the LEDs, I advise agaist fitting them to the overhead dimming lights as LEDs are either 'on' or 'off' the dimming function can play havok on them,

Thanks Karl, I had them on my last car (Jeep Grand Cherokee) and they did actually work - dimmed too surprisingly. I figure the electrical system in the MB is a little more complicated though so I'll just leave them alone. :)

I'd install the latest firmware on the MBU3000 - you said you bought it some time ago.

Instructions and update lead were in the box.

R

pps. Samsung Galaxy bluetooth implementation seems to give massive Bluetooth problems with any phone system ...

Also, the lights are driven by "intelligent" SAM module(s) that run a small amount of current through the bulbs to detect bulb failure so they can store the info for diagnosis when you turn up at a dealer and say "this bulb doesnt come on sometimes" - i suspect this is causing them to remain on

Richard

and PPS, your phone cradle in the CLK is one with a curly lead isn't it. The MBU-3000 does not work with the removable/exchangeable cradle system (which was introduced in late 2003 in the CLK I seem to recall) - for that a MB-4 is needed & given your car is 2003 (D2B technology) it needs to be a reasonably new MB-4 otherwise you get echo.

R

Hi Richard, many thanks for the very informative reply!

I will take the phone into the house this evening and double check the firmware is the latest version, the date on the box is Dec 2012 so I didn't actually think of checking this.

It really doesn't surprise me the Samsung Galaxy BT isn't the best, I hate the phone but as it is supplied by work I can't really change it.

The phone cradle is indeed the one with the curly lead and does use the D2B fibre connection. I didn't think the MB-4 would fit in to the 6310i cradle and I really don't want to rip it all out and update it! When on a call the MBU-3000 works fantastic, callers report no echo and can hear me loud and clear. Hopefully the firmware will help somewhat.

Thanks for explaining the lighting circuit too, I'll just leave the incandescent bulbs in there.

ViseeO

Hi Did you manage to resolve the problem as mine will connect to the "Command" system phonebooks etc but nothing through the audio system of the car?!

Chris

In the Nokia curly cable cradles, there is a privacy mode when you lift the handset which stops the audio coming through the car speakers.

If the viseeo has connected and you can see the phonebook in the COMAND and you can't hear the caller, its either that or the connector on that which connects to the Nokia most likely - normally meaning a new curly cable cradle.

Richard

I fixed all the issues by handing my works phone back and diverting all calls to my personal iPhone.

Never had any issues with the audio not coming through however, I remember reading about these and Richards post above should help you out.

Hi all,

Read the above but a bit confused. Are we saying the MB4 would be better with a curly cable 2002 system? ( rather than the 3000)

Thanks

Hi all,

Read the above but a bit confused. Are we saying the MB4 would be better with a curly cable 2002 system? ( rather than the 3000)

Thanks

Nope, the only current product that works with the curly cable system is the MBU3000. ViseeO MBU-3000 Bluetooth for Mercedes Benz (enhanced MBU-1000) | Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd
- The MBU3000 pretends to be a Nokia 5110i/6110i/6210i/6310i from the late 90's early 2000s as far as the car is concerned.

If you have the exchangeable cradle system (i.e UHI), then you can not use a MBU3000 in the Nokia 6310i cradle (if you have that plugged into the UHI connector), you have to use a MB4. (You used to be able to use the MBU1000 in those, which was the predecessor to the MBU3000). When UHI first came out in Europe they supplied a 6310i cradle and a 6310i phone for about £800.

R

Hi Richard, many thanks for the very informative reply!

I will take the phone into the house this evening and double check the firmware is the latest version, the date on the box is Dec 2012 so I didn't actually think of checking this.

It really doesn't surprise me the Samsung Galaxy BT isn't the best, I hate the phone but as it is supplied by work I can't really change it.

The phone cradle is indeed the one with the curly lead and does use the D2B fibre connection. I didn't think the MB-4 would fit in to the 6310i cradle and I really don't want to rip it all out and update it! When on a call the MBU-3000 works fantastic, callers report no echo and can hear me loud and clear. Hopefully the firmware will help somewhat.

Thanks for explaining the lighting circuit too, I'll just leave the incandescent bulbs in there.

Apparently, viseeo is not updating their website too often so they don't have the latest updates there. You can get them on this link below. Please keep in mind that there are two types of devices MBU-3000 and MBU-3000+. If you will install the wrong software it will stop working

The latest software updates for Viseeo MBU-3000 and MBU-3000+ | Smart World Company

I hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom