Visit to Strathclyde Road Policing Unit .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll second that Steven,
Great night...very informative...:thumb:

Glad to finally meet a few of you, sorry i can't remember all the names!!!!

Hopefully catch up with you all again in the not too distant future.:D

Have a safe journey back Ian.:bannana:

Big thanks to Derek and Kinnie for making it happen. :D

Agree with all the above, thanks to Derek for organising an interesting and informative evening. Nice to meet some new faces, need to do something else soon.

Regards
Robert

:thumb:

Thanks to Derek and Kinnie for a very imformative evening. Nice to see a few new faces there too.

Agree with LTD.A great night and thanks again to Kinnie.

Nice to meet some more faces.Hope to see you all again soon.

Probably cant make it to Riverhouse ,but maybe the next

Thanks again Derek for organising this and send on my thanks to Kinnie for an excellent presentation.

Roll on Stirling fellas.

Thanks to everyone for coming along and helping to make the evening a success - I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy it . I'll write in and convey our appreciation to Kinnie .

Likewise it was nice to be able to put faces to a few more of the names .

Looking forward now to the next one .

Who else , besides me , drove home slowly and in a sober mood ?

Hi, i am def ok for next tue, sorry to be cheeky but could i bring my 18yr old son, maybe slow him down a bit.
Wendy.

Doh silly me its only JUNE!!!

Will check work diary for july. (and i'm not blonde !!!!!)

did you go in june? :dk:

Thanks to everyone for coming along and helping to make the evening a success - I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy it . I'll write in and convey our appreciation to Kinnie .

Likewise it was nice to be able to put faces to a few more of the names .

Looking forward now to the next one .

Who else , besides me , drove home slowly and in a sober mood ?

Thanks Derek for orgaising a great event and please convey all our thanks to Kinnie who I thought was very open and honest even revealing some "tricks of the trade" and showing us all the toys at their disposal in the traffic car.

It was great to meet up and put faces to names and I think that is the best selection of cars that McDonalds has seen in a long time.

You are right it was very sobering and my drive home (250 miles) had me thinking about some of the in car footage they showed us and the clowns on the M74 and there were plenty of those on the way home, torrential rain and people still doing 90 mph+ Madness :mad: I finally got in around 2:45 am after stopping for a few coffees and red bull. Better to be safe stop & rest than drive tired:)

Thanks again to everyone for their excellent company and Chat and to LTD for the coffees. It was great to venture North of the border again and look forward to doing it again soon.

Thanks guys.
Ian

Last edited:
Likewise nice to meet you , Ian , and finally put a face to the name .

Only sorry there wasn't more time to chat to everyone .

And , yes thanks are due for the coffees too !

Sounds like an interesting evening. I wonder what other areas would put on such a event and if this could be the start of something for motoring groups/clubs/forums. Probably not, but given the chance I feel I would probably attend.

Sounds like an interesting evening. I wonder what other areas would put on such a event and if this could be the start of something for motoring groups/clubs/forums. Probably not, but given the chance I feel I would probably attend.

Probably a lot of forces would if they have a team dedicated to giving presentations. Stratchclyde is a big police force (after all it has to deal with all of Glasgow). I'd approach you're local constabulary and see how you get on. Another way is a local IAM group may also be able to help you.

Just to echo everyone else's points.

Had a great time, very well put presentation (well done Kinnie), very sobering and interesting!
Nice to meet a few new faces although no way can I remember the names (sorry), credit to Pontoneer for organising it all, LTD for the coffee and to everyone else for putting up with me asking way too many question and generaly talking far too much for my own good!

Just to echo everyone else's points.

Had a great time, very well put presentation (well done Kinnie), very sobering and interesting!
Nice to meet a few new faces although no way can I remember the names (sorry), credit to Pontoneer for organising it all, LTD for the coffee and to everyone else for putting up with me asking way too many question and generaly talking far too much for my own good!

it would be great to see you all at the stirling meet on the 25th - some new faces i didnt get the chance to chat to.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/events/50009-meets-scotland-31.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom