Visit to Strathclyde Road Policing Unit .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
PM me the postcode Druk.....if I'm not there by 5 past just make your own way there ;)

If their is any spaces left i'd like to come along.....seems a great opportunity!!!
Would be great to meet some of the members.
Let me kn ow if their is any spaces and if anyone is meeting up before hand, i would be coming in from Cambuslang.

Cheers:thumb:

If their is any spaces left i'd like to come along.....seems a great opportunity!!!
Would be great to meet some of the members.
Let me kn ow if their is any spaces and if anyone is meeting up before hand, i would be coming in from Cambuslang.

Cheers:thumb:

Thats not a bad idea meeting up beforehand for a drink or coffee or somehting as a get to know you. I'll be coming from Ayr so open to suggestions from anyone who knows the area around the unit better than I do

Let em know if anyone wants a coffee before hand to meet, just name a location.
Silversaloon - traffic should be alright as we are now in the school holiday's..:D
7 weeks of freedom on the roads...:bannana:
7 weeks of hell in the house.....:wallbash:

Have you moved to Scotland again Flanaia1??? location says yorkshire!!!
(just nosey ....sorry)

Let em know if anyone wants a coffee before hand to meet, just name a location.
Silversaloon - traffic should be alright as we are now in the school holiday's..:D
7 weeks of freedom on the roads...:bannana:
7 weeks of hell in the house.....:wallbash:

Have you moved to Scotland again Flanaia1??? location says yorkshire!!!
(just nosey ....sorry)

No still in Yorkshire but I have arranged some business visits in Cummnock and surrounding areas in the day, final call is in Ayr. Back on my old stomping ground.

PS Nothing wrong with being nosy (you dont ask, you dont get);)

Im an Ayrshire boy myself, i moved to Glasgow because the traveling was getting mad when i used to be a service engineer, i lived in Saltcoats and was called out to Glasgow/Stirling 3/4 times a night while on call....soon got fed up with that....i had an Astra estate at the time though...would probably have enjoyed the driving if i had my Merc...:D

Anyone got a suggestion for meeting somewhere before for coffee?

Derek

Anywhere locally? seem to remember is there not a Mcdonalds or a supermarket opposite the unit?

There is an Asda, a McDonalds and a KFC within a short walk of the unit.

There is an Asda, a McDonalds and a KFC within a short walk of the unit.

Class! spoilt for choice then anyone got a preference McD for me, at least the coffee is good shame about the burgers though.

Anyone want to offer a time?

I'll be their for about 6pm, im looking forward to this.......should be really interesting. :thumb:
Last one thier buys the coffee's

I hope its not just me in the car park.....:doh:

I'll be their for about 6pm, im looking forward to this.......should be really interesting. :thumb:
Last one thier buys the coffee's

I hope its not just me in the car park.....:doh:

I'll be there but will probably be in the Volvo I think, unless I can get away without going onto mine sites that day in which case I'll come in the CLK.

6pm McD's coffees on me :thumb:

Nice one....:D
I'll PM my mobile number next week, anyone else coming for a brew???

Coffee @ McDonalds 6pm

1. G-Force
  2. Flanaia1
  3. LTD
  4. Smiddyboy1 (6ish, I've got the Kingston Bridge / carpark to contend with)
Not sure if Ronald will be happy with us taking up their car park space - whereas Asda's carpark is huge!!!

I'm picking SilverSaloon up about 5.30 in Edinburgh city centre, possibly del320 and Druk too, so might be a bit after 6. Is McDonalds easy to find from where we are going?

I'm picking SilverSaloon up about 5.30 in Edinburgh city centre, possibly del320 and Druk too, so might be a bit after 6. Is McDonalds easy to find from where we are going?

I suspect it will be a lot after 6 at that time of the day? not sure where McD's is will try and get a postcode but think its in walking distance of the unit?

Will PM my mobile number next week to those confirmed

View attachment 15203

Get your bearings via Google Street View. This is the SRPU building on Helen Street - entrance is at the far end towards the ariel. McD's is literally 180 degrees, behind the camera.

Sean, can I take up your offer of a car-share through? We'll never get there before 6.30 if you propose leaving as late as 5.30 though. You're coming off at jcn 24 beyond Kingston Bridge.

I'm easy for meeting up anywhere convenient at a time that suits you, but again, if you're meeting SS city centre at 5.30, we'll be pushing it to even get to Gogar by 6.00 and SRPU by 7.00.

Personally, I live right by the Dreghorn Link junction, and I'd be wanting to be on my way well before 5.00.

Last edited:
Didn't know it was as far as J24. I can pick you up at 4.40 at Dreghorn Link and arrange to meet SS at Edinburgh Marriot at 5, he could park in there. Makes sense for him going home too, rather than going into CC only to come back out. I'm on holiday 14th, so I'm easy on what time we leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom