Visit Workshop - Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
I did have a search to see what I could find on here and it seems that this error, likely/possibly correlates to the battery in the front being knackered?

Qx7fv91.jpg

So I got myself a replacement battery. The main one was changed last year and although I know that sometimes needs a charge due to only mainly using the car every other weekend, it's been fine.

Reassuringly expensive :crazy:

PRGd22k.jpg

The only thing is, I've started the car and the error is still there. Does it need plugging in so the error can be cleared?

Is there anything I can do to reset it? I believe the auxiliary battery was the original one so pretty old. Just annoyed the message hasn't gone. Have I damaged something trying to charge the rear battery? :wall bash:

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Thanks mate, I've had a read through that.

Both batteries are less than 12 months old. Car starts absolutely fine but still showing this message.

Seems it's either the alternator although it certainly charges the main battery no problem as far as I can tell or the battery control module, I think. I was hoping it was just an error that would disappear but looks like I'll be getting someone to do some diagnostics on it.

have you taken the car on a long run?

Should check all relevant fuses and the AUX battery isolation relay too.

Did three hundred miles at the weekend. Had hoped it would give the batteries a boost if that was the issue.

Popping in to my local garage for them to take a quick look this afternoon.

Good news. I popped into my local garage who plugged the car in and had a look at the error.

Turned out it was the battery control module that was showing as having a fault. They cleared the error, started the car a few times and now this...

HCc40JZ.jpg

I'm suspect it was the jump starting of the car that perhaps caused that one to trip. Either way, I now have two batteries in the car that are under a year old. I'll just keep an eye on it going forward. :)

Well that's a b*gger it came back after I moved the car having given the car a wash.

Looks like it's back to the garage with it. Hope it's not a battery control module though, they look expensive! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom