Visit workshop logo on dashboard.. aaagghh E211 suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Not used my car this weekend, jumped in it today to move it back a small way to get the wifes out and this was on the dashboard.... :(

photo-1_zps012af5a8.jpg

Rang the independant who said its the suspension, it hasn't air but its an estate so self leveling rear.

Anyone else had this?

I'm hoping it will disapear...when I go for a proper drive, but maybe thats wishfull thinking. The car is parked over a load of snow / ice but not sure that would casue any problems?

All S211 have air rear suspension. It's not "AIRMATIC", but it is self-levelling via air springs. Find a new indie if they don't know this already...

Personally, I'd see if it goes away. Is the car visibly low at the back? If you load it up, does it rise (slowly) when you turn the engine on?

^ Sorry I maybe didn't explain correctly yes they think its the rear suspension but typically it needs 'plugging' in and its not just down the road these days.

:(

Turned in on this morning,

Drove to School / work and no lights on dash, no Malfunctions on the display.

Happy days.

:)

As long as you've not filled it with something like heavy railway sleepers you should be ok.

Oh, hang on a mo :eek:..................;)

^ I know....

More recently its been used renovating a house, builders rubble and god knows what.

My poor car does get used, but then it also gets looked after so its not all bad.

No point in having it looking pretty all the time :)

^ I know....

More recently its been used renovating a house, builders rubble and god knows what.

My poor car does get used, but then it also gets looked after so its not all bad.

No point in having it looking pretty all the time :)

Agreed - estates are bought because things need to be moved, however, it's what they are designed for.

E's are such a complete car :thumb:.

Turned in on this morning,

Drove to School / work and no lights on dash, no Malfunctions on the display.

Very likely that you've got a pin sized hole in the suspension, these problems usually show up if its been stood for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom