Visit workshop oil level fault w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swift1092

Car
E55 amg
I keep experencing a fault on my w211 e55 the "visit workshop oil level fault appearing, when i pull over and carry out the level test is reads oil levels ok? Ive toped it up twice now (1/2 ltr of mobil one 0-40) each time but the fualut keeps apearing i dont know weather to beleave the warning or the level marker, any sujestions? Thanks in advance

I wonder if the oil level sensor is faulty?
Maybe a STAR test would confirm.

Get it checked out properly I had this on a C240. It threw a rod through the block due to a blocked oil passage.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Would this message show also if the oil levels were too high?

The readout would show a message asking for oil to be removed if the level was too high.
I still think your sensor is faulty. Get a STAR readout to confirm.

The issue here is (as I see this).

You do not know if the car is lying or being truthful. The only way to find out is to get it on STAR. That should tell if there is a genuine sensor fault or not. I thought my C240 had a sensor fault as it would alternate between Oil Low and Oil High. It blew the engine up. For a £50 session on STAR I could have saved a fortune.

Can some one tell me what the hell is the reason for doing away with oil level dip sticks is it for main dealers just to try and fleece you out of more money ?

Can some one tell me what the hell is the reason for doing away with oil level dip sticks is it for main dealers just to try and fleece you out of more money ?

Believe it or not, there are some MB owners who don't know how to open the bonnet, yet alone check the oil level on a dipstick - I'm guessing that's one of the main reasons.

Rite update took the car out lastnight, while giving it a bit of poke on the duelcarageway the car went into limp mode �� so im thinking the engine faults on my diagnostic readout i had done on Wednesday are current p2076, p2094, p2036, p2040, p2039, this is all i need before christmas, can any1 help me out with the meanings of these fault codes??

Last edited:
Ok update, ive changed the oil level sensor, changing the oil and filter for fresh mobil1 5-40 and thrashed her all night sat racing lambos and audis up town, not a single fault!!
Im a happy man

Get it checked out properly I had this on a C240. It threw a rod through the block due to a blocked oil passage.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK
@BruceMillar

I am having the same message come up on my w211 E350 after the CamGear was fixed and the mechanic is now saying the oil sensor is faulty (never faulty until it went in the shop, and has since the moment I got the car back 4 days ago; every trip).
There are no fault codes coming when they checked it when I took it back this morning.

Did your C240 have, or would have had, any codes/errors? Other than the message?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom