Visiting BBC television Centre.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Any tips on parking nearby or anythingelse for that matter!

Hi Greg,

Not sure if they've finished yet, but they've been doing serious road works on the main road (Wood Lane) by white city there for weeks. Road completely closed with diversion routes - the whole area gets very congested.

Have you considered travelling by tube? It's just opposite :)

Will

They're building a super-shopping-centre along there, that's why there's so much work going on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westfield_London

Greg - why not park near a tube station? White City tube is directly opposite the BBC :)

Will

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips and info. I'm committed to taking the car as the BBC visit is just part of a day. Lets hope Smartnav does me proud and I land a parking space somewhere south of Birmingham!

I guess what I am trying to say, is :)

If you're using the car anyway, why not park at/near a tube station a few stops down from the BBC? (for this part of your day out)

If you try driving there, you may find (a) there's nowhere to park nearby and (b) you'll be stuck in traffic for ages.

Could make your day a whole lot less stressfull and save you time!

Just trying to help ;)

Will

Yes I see what you mean. If I don't post until Thursday it was a bad day. lol

Had a great, if long day, up in London. We toured the Television Centre and saw lots of limo's delivering VIPs. I was telling my family about C43AMG (Peter) and his new S Class limo when guess who drove past- Peter in his new S Class thats in the gallery. I saw you Peter on Uxbridge road at Shepherds Bush Green. How strange is that!

Did you see Dragon in the News room?

LOL. Must have missed him!
Drat! Hold the target, slow squeeze, back, back, back on the trigger as though getting the juice from a lemon. Don't jerk, it'll always go high and to the right (unless you're left-handed).

Glad you had a good day, but WHERE did you have to park?

Had a great, if long day, up in London. We toured the Television Centre and saw lots of limo's delivering VIPs. I was telling my family about C43AMG (Peter) and his new S Class limo when guess who drove past- Peter in his new S Class thats in the gallery. I saw you Peter on Uxbridge road at Shepherds Bush Green. How strange is that!

Yes i was coming from LHR and taking a client a client to his house in Holland Park, you should have honked, saying that, i am oblivious to that noise so you would have been ignored.

Did you see your rear number plate holder? Looks great.

Honking would have been difficult as I was on foot!LOL. I didn't get close enough to see the surround but the car looked good! What do your customers say about you parking under cover every time it rains- you must do coz none of your cars ever get dirty!

You should see it in October/November. I have client who comes over shooting, the SClass goes where Range Rovers fear to tread. I will take some photo's, not a pretty sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom