Vista Home Premium is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
complete tat

it's rubbish, useless, slow, keeps crashing, annoying

I much prefer XP, at least that was more stable, and less annoying.

is MAC OS better?

used PCs for over 2 decades so can't be bothered with a 'whole new way of life'

help!

free me from the Microsoft death embrace.

Register for Windows 7....

Get the service packs & ensure you are on high performance power scheme.

Vista's fine its your hardware thats the problem

Bet you still hanker for XP

Why did you swap to Vista?

If you don't like the learning curve between XP and Vista, the curve between XP and OsX is even greater...

M.

try windows 3.1 or get an amiga emulator and get a copy of Workbench 3.0

Get the service packs & ensure you are on high performance power scheme.

yes, all packs on, as is high performance

might be h/w .. using sister's spare Dell Inspiron 1721 since my old VAIO died last week.

Spec is AMD Turion 64x2 TL60 2 GHz, 2GB RAM

is h/w the problem?

yes, at least XP was not so temperamental

when switching on after 'hibernation', Vista is very grumpy, slow and confused. RUBBISH

Why did you swap to Vista?

If you don't like the learning curve between XP and Vista, the curve between XP and OsX is even greater...

M.

didn't swap .. forced to change as using sister's spare laptop

All new laptops come with Vista

sounds like OSX (is this Mac) is worse?

is this what is called 'progress'??

What are ur PC specs?

see above

for my new one, I am looking for at least 2GHz, and 4GB .. I just know the bigger numbers the better

If I could train the other members of the family to use Linux then we would. I recently used Ubuntu to fix Windows. Brilliant stuff if you're willing to learn. And it's free.

Totally agree Vista a complete crock of S**t rolled all our laptops back to XP SP3 much more stable and not as resource hungry.

I use Apple's OsX at work... (10.5 Leopard) and am an Apple certified System Administrator. I'm not saying this to boast, but to stave off the people who say "You don't know Apples."

Personally, I think Vista is far superior to OsX (flame on...) - but then again, I rarely have problems with the machine I run vista on (to the point that I'm running vista on my MacBook Pro and my Mac Pro; both company issued) and have 600 Macs on the other side...

I think it's unfair to judge a whole operating system based on your experiences with your sister's laptop. No offence intended, but I don't think Vista is the problem... I'm willing to bet there is something installed on the machine that's causing the problems, and not vista.

Similarly, OsX has it problems too... The quantity of virii (viruses?) may be less, but they still exist. Recently, we've found malware and trojans to be on the rise as well... it's the price you pay for increased popularity :p (oh, and preliminary reports show that OsX user's are more susceptible to phishing attacks* :p)

Depending on how long you're using your sister's laptop; I have a feeling that you may have trouble going back to XP afterwards... Vista can really grow on you quite quickly...

M.

* Sorry Spike - I couldn't resist!

Last edited:
I also find Vista stable, but running it on a Core i7 with 6Gb

No way.

Vista is dreadful and many Microsoft employees will agree with that and have done to me!

XP is light years faster than vista on the same hardware. Far less memory hungry too. Vista should never have seen the light of day in its current form. It has seriously damaged Microsoft and is the reason why they cant wait to get windows 7 out to replace it. Why do you think they extended the life of XP. The market demanded it.

I rolled back my dual core system which has 4Gb of memory to XP and its been fine ever since. It runs very nicely now unlike when vista was on it.

Now have 3 PC's running Vista 64 bit and all work fine, but t'was not always so.

The biggest and common bugbear was wireless cards: all three ran like dogs until I ditched the wireless cards and used hardwire/network plugs, at which point harmony returned. No idea why.

Now have 3 PC's running Vista 64 bit and all work fine, but t'was not always so.

The biggest and common bugbear was wireless cards: all three ran like dogs until I ditched the wireless cards and used hardwire/network plugs, at which point harmony returned. No idea why.

wireless is what I got a laptop for!

No way.

Vista is dreadful and many Microsoft employees will agree with that and have done to me!

XP is light years faster than vista on the same hardware. Far less memory hungry too. Vista should never have seen the light of day in its current form. It has seriously damaged Microsoft and is the reason why they cant wait to get windows 7 out to replace it. Why do you think they extended the life of XP. The market demanded it.

I rolled back my dual core system which has 4Gb of memory to XP and its been fine ever since. It runs very nicely now unlike when vista was on it.

Vista had bad press from day one

Microsoft are sharing the blame for Windows 7 potentially being rubbish with users by letting them finish the testing.

I haven't had any problems with Vista at all, have it installed on 2 laptops and 1 desktop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom