vito 108cdi self repairing clutch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pongo2000

Banned
Car
2001 110cdi dualiner
Hello fellow merc heads.
Bit of a strange one here. About a week ago when I had a full load of 6 people in my 2003 dualiner I noticed the clutch was starting to slip ever so slightly when under heavy load. this has been getting increaseingly worse over the week to the point I had to drive with a very light foot and excelerate very lightly to be able to drive the van with out the clutch slipping even when empty.

Until tonight. While waiting outside the Co-op for the wife to grab a few bits and bobs the van was sat in neutral with the handbrake off and the clutch peadel up the van suddenly jolted. very gently and to begin with I though someone had reversed into me a a very slow speed but there were no cars near me. When the wife came out we drove off and the clutch diddnt slip at all. even putting it into 3rd and flooring it (which before would have caused the clutch to slip very badly) did nothing and the clutch was fine.

I have the van booked in to have the clutch changed at a local garage on tuesday but am now wondering if there is somthing else wrong with it. when the van is ideling there is a faint rattleing noise a bit like a broken speedo cable ( I do of course realise they are all electric on my van but its the only comparison I can think of) but have no idea what it is.

Anyone have any ideas/advice. seems really really odd to me and i have never experianced anything like it. The van has only done 90k.

any help would be gratefuly recived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom