vito 111Cdi engine swap???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

belstone fox

Car
C43 AMG
Firstly hello!

I've recently changed from a D40 Navara to a 2005 Vito Dualiner Xtra Long 111Cdi, and it's a really good vehicle! I use it mainly for towing caravans as part my business and actually it does this even better than the 200bhp Navara (albeit more slowly up hills ) and we can load up with kids, dogs and a van full of antiques as part of my other business. However along with the usual bodywork imperfections that I intend to sort out in due course it has done rather a lot of miles, 240,000 of them to be precise! So although it seems reasonably healthy at the moment if you ignore the diesel pump clatter under severe duress, I imagine that given the hammering it'll receive over the next few months towing caravans some 1000 miles a week on occasion, this won't be the case for much longer. So what I need to know is when the time comes, how easy would it be to upgrade a little to say the 115? Or even just the 112 or 3, I imagine the lumps are the same, and marry up to the manual gearbox correctly, but what about ecu's, exhausts, turbos etc etc. Any help greatly appreciated!

There the same engine I would just keep it the same and fit a new engine,
then remap it.
Lots of engines on ebay etc.
To try and fit a 115 engine it becomes an electrical nightmare.

Is it an auto?

If it is an you are towing make sure you change that gearbox oil on a regular basis.

As above. Get it mapped.

Many thanks for the replies. So essentially the only difference between the 115 and my 111 is the ECU? That's really good news if that's the case as I can just get mine recon'd by my local guy. I take it that a remap is obviously an awful lot more effective than a chip then as they only take it to a ( claimed ) 129Bhp. Also I'm looking for a set of 18's for it, which other MB models will fit? ( I don't want lairey aftermarket ones it is a van after all ) the black ones you're advertising on the bay look pretty good Prestige Car Services, will they bolt straight on?

The W211 E-Class alloys go straight on as far as I'm aware, not to sure about others.

I'd presume the alloys that will fit will be from the bigger Mercedes cars.

Just look for vito sport alloys.
115, 111 have other things different like turbo etc, I have had both and the remap makes a better drive in the 111, it still would be left by the 115 as it has longer legs all round than the 111.
Rebuild is going to cost, I would look second hand.

You must get Van specific wheels as they are heavier in design and can take much more weight.

Check with your insurer before changing wheels as quite a few will no longer cover you with anything other than the stock factory wheels on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom