Vito 114BlueTec Urban Edition Auto (W447) Mods.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m finally getting around to having the front/rear bumpers & mirror housings painted white.

The guy at the body shop is telling me it’s a fair bit of work to prep all those items given they are textured plastic.
I’m wondering if buying replacement primed items (new) could be a better route. No filling & sanding required and almost certainly a better job.

So MB Genuine or aftermarket?

If aftermarket does anyone have a company that they can recommend?

TIA.

I’m finally getting around to having the front/rear bumpers & mirror housings painted white.

The guy at the body shop is telling me it’s a fair bit of work to prep all those items given they are textured plastic.
I’m wondering if buying replacement primed items (new) could be a better route. No filling & sanding required and almost certainly a better job.

So MB Genuine or aftermarket?

If aftermarket does anyone have a company that they can recommend?

TIA.
Got to be worth considering - and gauging your options with the existing parts eg, keep as spares, keep to return to original (for resale), sell to someone who has bashed theirs.
Which ones, MB or aftermarket if you decide to - I wouldn't know. There's a forum you could ask on though - someone on it should surely know. MB Club I think it's called.....

Got to be worth considering - and gauging your options with the existing parts eg, keep as spares, keep to return to original (for resale), sell to someone who has bashed theirs.
Which ones, MB or aftermarket if you decide to - I wouldn't know. There's a forum you could ask on though - someone on it should surely know. MB Club I think it's called.....
I’ve made a few enquiries over the last few days with various aftermarkets. But scared to commit due to them being overseas and potential quality issues. Here’s one of them:

I’ve emailed Ciceley Commercials Ltd - Carlisle for prices on MB replacements that are smooth and ready to paint.

I've used AliExpress a few times without any issues ... appears to be a sort of 'Chinese Amazon' i.e. most orders are fulfilled by separate companies who use it as a shop front.

I've used AliExpress a few times without any issues ... appears to be a sort of 'Chinese Amazon' i.e. most orders are fulfilled by separate companies who use it as a shop front.
Cheers Bill. Thoughts on the LED units?

Well they look OK in the pictures!

Work on the basis that you'll get hit for VAT/import duty/handling fee on arrival in the UK, then you'll be pleasantly surprised if this doesn't happen :) My experience is that stuff from China 'slips through' more often than not, but they're a bit more on the ball now after Brexit :(

Well they look OK in the pictures!

Work on the basis that you'll get hit for VAT/import duty/handling fee on arrival in the UK, then you'll be pleasantly surprised if this doesn't happen :) My experience is that stuff from China 'slips through' more often than not, but they're a bit more on the ball now after Brexit :(
Cheers for that Bill. Much appreciated. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom