Vito 114BlueTec Urban Edition Auto (W447) Mods.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The advantage of the gunmetal wheels is they’d match the Existing grey bumpers so may look good with them and do away with the need to have bumpers sprayed white.

However, maybe a sensible option to have the MB ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Centre caps questions:
  • Are they all standard 75mm
  • Do I pay for genuine MB ones (around £50 for 4) Or copies (around £15 for 4)?

I’ve been talking remaps with a mate. He’s flagged up the fact that when I got my transit mapped the van didn’t have a DPF on it.
I was very happy with the map and the company who did it.

Does anyone know if this map is suitable for the Vito? Any potential DPF Concerns? 2.1d currently tuned to 136hp. I also need to take cost into account. I understand that they’ll be much bigger, better companies out there but there is a budget to all this.

Has/is this engine in the same spec used in passenger cars? If so, any re-map feedback from there?

I take it that the alloys are bigger diameter than the existing steels - meaning new tyres required. What size do the steels have, what size for the alloys and any particular tyre in mind?
(Of interest to me as I will later this year be sourcing 17'' tyres for a 2500kg truck).
What's needed here (for either of us)? Are we looking at SUV tyres, van tyres? Car tyres must surely be off the menu for the GVWs here - yes/no?

What's needed here (for either of us)? Are we looking at SUV tyres, van tyres? Car tyres must surely be off the menu for the GVWs here - yes/no?

Yes car tyres are out as they're not designed to handle the vehicle weights or higher tyre pressures. You need either reinforced tyres (marked RF or XL), or van/commercial tyres (marked C). The load rating needs to match or exceed the max. GVW.

Just ordered the steering wheel refurb from Jack @RSW‘s. It’ll be a few weeks turn around. Will post a wee photo when done. ✅

You're a nice guy and all that but tbh I'm not so keen on seeing a photo of you doing that.

If you are considering wheel refurb you might consider these guys,
they've done me proud a few times.
Nice wheels btw, they would be my choice.

You're a nice guy and all that but tbh I'm not so keen on seeing a photo of you doing that.

If you are considering wheel refurb you might consider these guys,
they've done me proud a few times.
Nice wheels btw, they would be my choice.

you’re also a nice guy but you’ve totally lost me there dude. 🤔

PS. Got ya now. I’ll make it tasteful. 😁

I’m not needing alloy wheel refurb. They’re brand new wheels. Old wheels are steel.

Has/is this engine in the same spec used in passenger cars? If so, any re-map feedback from there?

Not sure mate. I asked the question but no feedback as of yet.
Anyhow, I’ve emailed quantum and requested they book me in at the Carlisle branch. Will posts results as soon as work is completed.

I take it that the alloys are bigger diameter than the existing steels - meaning new tyres required. What size do the steels have, what size for the alloys and any particular tyre in mind?
(Of interest to me as I will later this year be sourcing 17'' tyres for a 2500kg truck).

yeah. My steelies are 16”. New wheels are 17”. So I’ll transfer the TPMS valves from the steel wheels onto the new ones. (Keep the steel wheels n tyres in the garage loft in case I ever need them?).

Existing tyres are 195/65/16 van tyres.
I’ll be buying Fulda Sportcontrol 2 tyres (225/55/17 XL) from tyreleader to put on the new wheels. I had them on the last tranny and thought they were super. And best of all really quiet. (Many commercial are noisy)
Need to buy centre caps and new locking wheel nuts.

yeah. My steelies are 16”. New wheels are 17”. So I’ll transfer the TPMS valves from the steel wheels onto the new ones.

Curious. Do they pass through the wheel (ie from inside to outside)? The steel wheel will be much thinner in gauge than the alloy (possibly only one third thickness).

Existing tyres are 195/65/16 van tyres.
I’ll be buying Fulda Sportcontrol 2 tyres (225/55/17 XL) from tyreleader to put on the new wheels. I had them on the last tranny and thought they were super. And best of all really quiet. (Many commercial are noisy)
Need to buy centre caps and new locking wheel nuts.

WOW! Man on internet car forum knows what tyres he wants!

DOUBLE WOW! Man on internet car forum knows what tyres he wants and isn't asking everyone what he should fit despite having decided in advance!

WOW! Man on internet car forum knows what tyres he wants!

DOUBLE WOW! Man on internet car forum knows what tyres he wants and isn't asking everyone what he should fit despite having decided in advance!

I asked advice on Mumsnet. They know their stuff. 😁

Curious. Do they pass through the wheel (ie from inside to outside)? The steel wheel will be much thinner in gauge than the alloy (possibly only one third thickness).

I’m really not too sure. Never seen them. I asked the guy in the village that will be swapping everything over and he said they’ll fit Steels or/and Alloys. I’ll try and get a photo when he’s doing the swap.

I’m really not too sure. Never seen them. I asked the guy in the village that will be swapping everything over and he said they’ll fit Steels or/and Alloys. I’ll try and get a photo when he’s doing the swap.

I honestly don't know. Just occurred to me that if they weren't compatible then new will be required and better to know in advance than find out when the van is up on jacks with eight bare rims!

I honestly don't know. Just occurred to me that if they weren't compatible then new will be required and better to know in advance than find out when the van is up on jacks with eight bare rims!

The other option was to disable the TPMS on the van via STAR when it goes for its MOT next week. Then it would save removing values from old wheels and rebalancing etc.
But the tyre guy said it’s really no problem.

He’s given me loads of help and advice already. He couldn’t source the Fuldas I want but still happy to do the work. Which is nice.

The other option was to disable the TPMS on the van via STAR when it goes for its MOT next week. Then it would save removing values from old wheels and rebalancing etc.
But the tyre guy said it’s really no problem.

Covered by the sounds - all good!

He’s given me loads of help and advice already. He couldn’t source the Fuldas I want but still happy to do the work. Which is nice.

I'm going to have a look at/for the Fuldas as they might be good for mine.
Came oh so close to ordering Michelin Latitudes (at a bargain price of £65 each). That was in March and the tyres were in northern Italy.......

Centre caps questions:
  • Are they all standard 75mm
  • Do I pay for genuine MB ones (around £50 for 4) Or copies (around £15 for 4)?

I had a Super message from @Dave Richardson This morning offering me a full set of centre caps that he had going spare. A few (grateful) messages later I get an email saying he’d wrapped and posted them first class and even supplied a tracking number!

Amazing generosity from Dave. Seeing as he sourced the alloys and has now sent me centre caps I’m hoping he’ll order my Fulda’s and arrange fitting. I think it’s the least he can do. 🤞

All joking aside. Thank you so much Dave. It was an awesome and generous gesture that is really appreciated. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom