Vito 114BlueTec Urban Edition Auto (W447) Mods.

OP
OP
Happytalk73

Happytalk73

MB Enthusiast
Car
119 Vito / C300h PP Estate.
I’m finally getting around to having the front/rear bumpers & mirror housings painted white.

The guy at the body shop is telling me it’s a fair bit of work to prep all those items given they are textured plastic.
I’m wondering if buying replacement primed items (new) could be a better route. No filling & sanding required and almost certainly a better job.

So MB Genuine or aftermarket?

If aftermarket does anyone have a company that they can recommend?

TIA.

DRF20000

Car
On order
Got that rear spoiler yet?

Bellow

MB Enthusiast
Car
C2500 350, 450
I’m finally getting around to having the front/rear bumpers & mirror housings painted white.

The guy at the body shop is telling me it’s a fair bit of work to prep all those items given they are textured plastic.
I’m wondering if buying replacement primed items (new) could be a better route. No filling & sanding required and almost certainly a better job.

So MB Genuine or aftermarket?

If aftermarket does anyone have a company that they can recommend?

TIA.
Got to be worth considering - and gauging your options with the existing parts eg, keep as spares, keep to return to original (for resale), sell to someone who has bashed theirs.
Which ones, MB or aftermarket if you decide to - I wouldn't know. There's a forum you could ask on though - someone on it should surely know. MB Club I think it's called.....

OP
OP
Happytalk73

Happytalk73

MB Enthusiast
Car
119 Vito / C300h PP Estate.
Got to be worth considering - and gauging your options with the existing parts eg, keep as spares, keep to return to original (for resale), sell to someone who has bashed theirs.
Which ones, MB or aftermarket if you decide to - I wouldn't know. There's a forum you could ask on though - someone on it should surely know. MB Club I think it's called.....
I’ve made a few enquiries over the last few days with various aftermarkets. But scared to commit due to them being overseas and potential quality issues. Here’s one of them:

I’ve emailed Ciceley Commercials Ltd - Carlisle for prices on MB replacements that are smooth and ready to paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom