Vito 115 2.2 CDI ( 639 ) no fuel flow and wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gmac4968

Car
Vito 115 CDI ( 639 )
Hi all, I have a Vito 115 CDI 2.2 ( 639 ) and from one day to the next it wouldnt start. There is no fuel getting to the filter bowl. is this a relay issue or the engine mounted fuel pump ?
Are there also any other associated fuses in the fuel system...

2 threads on the same fault is going to confuse this if you get response's'.

You don't describe your symptoms so any diagnosis is difficult, if it is possible anyway.
Often you need a diagnostics session to determine what isn't happening.

If you want to look at relevant fuses/ relay this might help,

but lack of fuel pressure at the rail would prevent a start, so that's back to a diagnostics session.

Attachments

• Viano Fuse Board.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
2 threads on the same fault is going to confuse this if you get response's'.

You don't describe your symptoms so any diagnosis is difficult, if it is possible anyway.
Often you need a diagnostics session to determine what isn't happening.

If you want to look at relevant fuses/ relay this might help,

but lack of fuel pressure at the rail would prevent a start, so that's back to a diagnostics session.

Thank you for that info.
Its very helpfull.
The Vito was working fine until one morning i went to start it and it just went "Click", and then the key wouldnt turn after.
So i replaced the battery with a new one and then power was restored and the key turned but it would not start.
When i pulled off the fuel lines to the filter and turned the engine over there was no fuel output at all.
A guy who had a Vito also passed by and said it may be the Main fuel pump attached to the front of the engine. This is a really difficult pump to access so i hope its something more simple.
as the problem just suddenly appeared, i was suspecting an electrical issue before going for the pump but didnt have any info untill you gave me the diagram.
I have no experiance with the Vito so am somewhat lost.
Any assistance is very much welcome

Regards Gmac4968

1st issue, I think. There are 2 fuel lines at the filter, the flow supply, and the return to tank.

Being sure you have the flow, if you disconnect at the filter and turn the key the fuel tank lift pump will cause fuel to flow out of it for approx 15 seconds.
There is a lot of fuel can flow it will fill a 5 litre bucket in perhaps 15 seconds.
The flow will be stopped if the ECU doesn't see a build up of fuel pressure, in the common fuel rail I think.
Cycle the ignition and it will flow again.

That'll check the lift pump. But it's coincidence that the lift pump will have gone u/s following a flat battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom