Vito 120 Boost pipe leak- Merc updated part available!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz-M

Car
17' Flint Grey Vito 116 Auto
I have recently bought a Vito 120 V6 CDI and its leaking boost from the pipe that exits the turbo where it connects to the black plastic chamber. It keeps separating itself allowing leak.

Mercedes have sent me diagram of parts and it would appear the pipe is revised and now has clamps? Has anyone seen this and know exactly what parts from the diagram i need?

They need ordered so cant be returned and they dont know which parts are revised.

I obviously need the 2 clamps that dont exist just now, but is the pipe different? Seal different?

Its not letting me upload the diagram just now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
d611e62d843ebd00cb7ae42061ead823.jpg

So ive ordered the 2 clamps (145) and the pipe (140) to arrive tomorrow, hopefully that setup will actually stay together and not leak, hopefully thats all i need.

Hey gaz m. Did you solve this issue? I have exactly the same damn problem!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Yes, believe it or not it was just a missing bolt causing my problem (195 on diagram above), it was hard to noticeas covered in oil, i removed the turbo outlet pipe, refitted and re-seated it all and its perfect, doesnt leak at all now, no boost whoosh or oil leak.

Whats your symptoms? Does that join look to be mated correctly?

Thanks for getting back to me gaz. Down here in Australia a lot of people forget about us haha. So it doesnt look seated correctly and im not sure that the brackets havent been bent as it has been to a couple of cowboys.
I have it as close as i can get but it still blows out. The 195 screw is to secure the plastic blow back muffler to its upright bracket next to the computer box yeah?
Mine is secured there but again cant be sure that it wasnt bent in the process of replacing some bleeding injectors.
So what i have done is created a locking device on my 3D printer and literally just fitted to the offending hardware and it fits tight and firm.
Bit cold and dark here now so i will test drive it tomorrow morning and see if she holds boost.
Does yours mate up exactly or look a little bit off?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Mines mates up nice and square now with maybe 5mm of the rubber seal on show- thats normal. To get it to fit up right I had to re-align the pipe coming from the turbo too, take them both off and start again basically.

Mine is perfect now and Im remapped so Id imagine you have a problem somewhere, you shouldnt need to make anything, although that sounds cool, 3D printer? Pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom