Vito 120 is the price right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dominic229

Car
Vito 120 Brabus
Hi, just saw an advert on autotrader and would like to get opinion on price?
Is this van worth this money 14,999?
Parkers has valued this van just under 10k

Mercedes-Benz Vito 3.0 5dr

I really like the van but I think it's overpriced.
Many thanks for your help.

I agree with you.

It doesn't have COMAND, the lower centre storage area, passenger side cupholder, roof rails, standard side rails.......

Although good, the 122 is an improvement and still sought after which is why they are still selling for decent money. Keep in mind the COMPACT doesn't have a spare wheel (no room underneath).

Shame really because I sold my 2013, 122 Sport Compact recently for not a great deal more but it had significantly more equipment and that's how I judge the price to be on the high side for this 120.

Oh, and mine had 9600 miles from new...that's not a misprint.

thats what I thought, apart from milage and good nick nothing amazing for this money.
Im aware on spare wheel. On longer journeys i can throw space saver at the back.

If anyone wants to sell a vito 115,120 up to 15k dualiner please let me know.
Many thanks

Im aware on spare wheel. On longer journeys i can throw space saver at the back.

Vitos have a full-size steel spare - you would be lucky to find a space saver setup with the right spec (rolling radius and load rating). I would strongly advise looking for a Long - it's the same wheelbase as the Compact and only slightly longer overall.

Better stick to lwb than ;), bit more space at the back would be a bonus.
I have found extremely difficult to find a nice vito in good condition and well looked after within £15000.
But will keep looking.
Please let me know if everyone want to sell his vito.
Wish me luck lol

I agree with you.

It doesn't have COMAND, the lower centre storage area, passenger side cupholder, roof rails, standard side rails.......

Although good, the 122 is an improvement and still sought after which is why they are still selling for decent money. Keep in mind the COMPACT doesn't have a spare wheel (no room underneath).

Shame really because I sold my 2013, 122 Sport Compact recently for not a great deal more but it had significantly more equipment and that's how I judge the price to be on the high side for this 120.

Oh, and mine had 9600 miles from new...that's not a misprint.

Hi Kevin, that was one good looking van I bet you was sad to see it go.
Have you replaced it with another one?

Better stick to lwb than ;), bit more space at the back would be a bonus.

The Long isn't LWB - that's the Extra Long :)

But in fairness many ads get it wrong :D

I suspect good used V6s are in quite strong demand now since M-B stopped making them :(

Good point re V6, they getting quite rare now.
Most dealers know this as well :(
But they r quick an quiet.
Had my e350 10 reg and it was amazing WAS

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 24
Belive or not no airbags deployed

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 21
Wow that looks nasty.

Yes the V6 is great, we take our 120 to the south of Germany (11 hour trip) at least once a year. Smooth and plenty of power.

Hi Kevin, that was one good looking van I bet you was sad to see it go.
Have you replaced it with another one?

Thanks, mate; I really liked it and was difficult to let it go but it just wasn't being used. We have moved completely away from MB on principal with only my son's A176 to be replaced at some stage, hopefully sooner rather than later.

We recently bought a nice Range Rover and rather refreshingly, returned to dealing with a company which seems to care about the customer. We had Citroens for years with excellent customer relations followed by Saab which were the same and we naively thought moving to MB would be a step up again in customer service.

Certainly the LR dealers we have had dealings with have been miles ahead in every respect and believe it or not, I have not only had contact with LR though a forum which they monitor (about a fault code), I have spoken to customer services twice now for advice (map updates and extended warranties) and spoken directly to one of the head guys at LR (on behalf of a RR club).

None of this passing it back to the offending dealer nonsense. As a parting shot, despite two MB dealers having had us over several times and MB doing SFA, MB are now doing nothing about the van dealer who is dodging paying the refund on the balance of the service plan I bought for the van.

IF I ever by another MB, it would be something out of warranty and it'll never see the inside of an MB dealership. And it would be completely de-badged.

Well it's good that you have forged a good relationship with Land Rover seeing how often they will be seeing you walk through the doors with yet another problem?

Well it's good that you have forged a good relationship with Land Rover seeing how often they will be seeing you walk through the doors with yet another problem?

Hmmmm. As always, internet runner and forum gossip is far worse than real life. Hoping that I'm not tempting fate but no problems at all, yet....I have bought a very good code reader/clearer and parameter changer though.

The fault code I was querying is very common on my model and relates to manifold temperature. They commonly give a "High Temperature" fault code with no dash light warning and although I had had third party confirmation of it not being an issue, I like to be sure.

It seems that the calibration on the sensors is so tight, a tiny variation shows up as a 'fault'.

Last edited:
Hi, Giantvanman, was a tad surprised to read your post, having seen how many mercs you've had. My dads towing with the idea of going the other way, had about 10 disco's, latest one has been terrible for faults, he's had it from new, and its had the body off to repair things more times than a little, dealer and lr haven't been great for him either. You can get good and bad in everything though.

Mark

Mark

Hmmmm. As always, internet runner and forum gossip is far worse than real life. Hoping that I'm not tempting fate but no problems at all, yet....I have bought a very good code reader/clearer and parameter changer though.

The fault code I was querying is very common on my model and relates to manifold temperature. They commonly give a "High Temperature" fault code with no dash light warning and although I had had third party confirmation of it not being an issue, I like to be sure.

It seems that the calibration on the sensors is so tight, a tiny variation shows up as a 'fault'.[/QUOTE

Mate, Internet gossip is not what I was describing!!

I'm working for a Doctor who drives a TDV8 4 years old, I've been there 4 weeks now & I've seen a very smart looking Jaguar TDi estate on the drive 1 day every week!!![neat courtesy car]

I joke with him saying He only takes the RR back to get it valeted!//:thumb:

Hi, Giantvanman, was a tad surprised to read your post, having seen how many mercs you've had. My dads towing with the idea of going the other way, had about 10 disco's, latest one has been terrible for faults, he's had it from new, and its had the body off to repair things more times than a little, dealer and lr haven't been great for him either. You can get good and bad in everything though.

Mark

Mark

All too true, Mark. Whilst the MB vehicles have been fine and I've enjoyed them all, in my part of the world, one franchise has the monopoly and to avoid them, I'd have to travel for significant time....I didn't realise that MB don't have a dealer network, only franchises which doesn't help when they are pants.

As for your father's Disco, main dealers are very quick to lift the body off for all sorts of things whilst independents have found many ways around having to do this to accomplish the same result. The D3 and D4 seem to suffer from mixed review with a few bad apples spoiling the barrel. I know people who have done 200k miles in them with nothing more than routine servicing. If the other nine were fine, I'd stick with them...shame to let one ruin the experience of the others and the new D5 is amazing!

Mate, Internet gossip is not what I was describing!!

I'm working for a Doctor who drives a TDV8 4 years old, I've been there 4 weeks now & I've seen a very smart looking Jaguar TDi estate on the drive 1 day every week!!![neat courtesy car]

I joke with him saying He only takes the RR back to get it valeted!//:thumb:

I guessed you had some experience but being on the forums and pages, whilst problems occur, they aren't nearly as prevalent or as catastrophic as reports would suggest, if that makes sense.

Certainly, they do have problems on occasion but for what it's worth, I'm not bothered and my only regret is that I didn't buy a RR years ago....I am one very happy bunny. I really liked my van and liked the various MBs we've had but as sad as it sounds, the RR is the one I'm truly passionate about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom